GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

8,210 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Warhammer 40,000: Conquest» Forums » General

Subject: Inquirer here rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zen Man
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
I checked the video. This game looks fun. Unfortunately I heard this game won't be supported (and I know how notorious GW is with this sort of thing). I wonder if this game is still worth getting despite not being supported?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Schutte
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The FFG winter sale is on now. You can get the game for dirt cheap. It's a fun game, I wish I had payed this lower price for it all. It has the most complex decision space of any of the LCG's which probably hampered it's growth. It's my all time favorite LCG despite being dead now.

https://holiday-sale.fantasyflightgames.com/catalogue/catego...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zen Man
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Crikrunner wrote:
The FFG winter sale is on now. You can get the game for dirt cheap. It's a fun game, I wish I had payed this lower price for it all. It has the most complex decision space of any of the LCG's which probably hampered it's growth. It's my all time favorite LCG despite being dead now.

https://holiday-sale.fantasyflightgames.com/catalogue/catego...

Thanks. I'm guessing this game is good enough to get even if it's "dead." Do they cease production of already made products? Or does dead mean future new products?

The Black Templar deck is already sold out. So I hoping that dead doesn't mean once it's gone, it's gone.

Also is this game balanced? Is this better than Invasion? Thanks so much guys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Schutte
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
no more production once it's sold out its gone. I think all my LFGS have it in stock and probably are mad about the FFG prices.

The last several world championships were all won by Kith players. She is the strongest warlord but beatable. Over all is fairly balanced but there definitely a case to be made that some warlords are just better than others.

Here is a great stats site on wins in Conquest:

https://public.tableau.com/profile/dnapolitano#!/vizhome/War...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zen Man
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Crikrunner wrote:
no more production once it's sold out its gone. I think all my LFGS have it in stock and probably are mad about the FFG prices.

The last several world championships were all won by Kith players. She is the strongest warlord but beatable. Over all is fairly balanced but there definitely a case to be made that some warlords are just better than others.

Here is a great stats site on wins in Conquest:

https://public.tableau.com/profile/dnapolitano#!/vizhome/War...

I want to get Templars. That really sucks they're gone...

But besides that, what other expansions should I get. I think the obvious big box expansions are best (tell me otherwise if not). But I'm more talking the smaller ones.

Is this game better than Invasion. I'm watching the video now to make a desperate decision before more stuff is sold out...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skaak
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zenman12 wrote:
But besides that, what other expansions should I get.

Deluxes if you want Tyranids and Necrons. After that I'd recommend the entire Planetfall cycle (if you can get it), Warlord cycle as a second choice (has some key cards, but not as good overall as Planetfall, IMO), and good luck finding the Death World cycle in stock anywhere. Which isn't that big a deal, honestly, because it's the least fleshed-out of the three cycles (it's pretty obvious it was designed to be complementary to the next, now never-to-be-seen cycle).

Zenman12 wrote:
Is this game better than Invasion. I'm watching the video now to make a desperate decision before more stuff is sold out...

They're pretty different. I like Invasion alright, but Conquest has better balance, tighter rules, and more consistent card distribution in expansions (basically the difference between an early vs. recent LCG).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zen Man
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Skaak wrote:
Zenman12 wrote:
But besides that, what other expansions should I get.

Deluxes if you want Tyranids and Necrons. After that I'd recommend the entire Planetfall cycle (if you can get it), Warlord cycle as a second choice (has some key cards, but not as good overall as Planetfall, IMO), and good luck finding the Death World cycle in stock anywhere. Which isn't that big a deal, honestly, because it's the least fleshed-out of the three cycles (it's pretty obvious it was designed to be complementary to the next, now never-to-be-seen cycle).

Zenman12 wrote:

They're pretty different. I like Invasion alright, but Conquest has better balance, tighter rules, and more consistent card distribution in expansions (basically the difference between an early vs. recent LCG).

What do you mean by planetfall cycle and warlord cycle? I only see packs...

And if I can't get certain packs what packs should I get from the different cycles?

Are the deluxe boxes worth it? I'm making uneducated assumptions. I know it includes a new faction but...

Bummer about death world. Does it really devalue buying a dead game? I guess it's fun enough still without it. I'm so torn I want to buy this game. It looks pretty fun and it's cheap. But a dead game man...tough decisions...

I'm looking for priorities here with the expansions (many packs of "cycles" don't seem to be even available. If I can't get a whole cycle is it even worth it?).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Schwarz
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The deluxe sets are worth it. There are 18 packs, organized into 3 cycles of six packs each. This is just how FFG handles their monthly LCG releases in general. Warlord was the first six, Planetfall was the second, and Death World was the final cycle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zen Man
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
StarkeRealm wrote:
The deluxe sets are worth it. There are 18 packs, organized into 3 cycles of six packs each. This is just how FFG handles their monthly LCG releases in general. Warlord was the first six, Planetfall was the second, and Death World was the final cycle.

Hm. Well I can't get the entire planetfall cycle. Only the last one. The Final Gamit. Not sure if it's worth it on it's own. I'm bummed because planetfall seems to have the Black Templars.

That shipping cost. Lol. Oh boy...Guess black friday doesn't extend to the truck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.