Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

1846: The Race for the Midwest» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question about the bank rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Romain Soulie
France
Angoulême
Charente
flag msg tools
Never played any 18XX game before. Just to make sure where the money comes from and goes to:
- Initial setup: buying a private company, the money goes to the reserve (not the bank)
- corp issuing/buying share: the money flows between the bank and the corp treasuries
- buying tracks: the money goes to the reserve (not the bank)
- buying trains: the money goes to the bank (or to corporation if inter-corp transaction)
- collecting revenues from operations: money comes from the bank, and is distributed to corporation treasuries or to shareholders (players, corps, and the bank if there are shares in the stock market)
- collecting income from private companies: money goes from the bank to the company owner (player or corporation)

Am I all correct?
Thanks
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Lutz
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
What's the "reserve"?

Buying Privates go to the bank except the minors, that goes to the minor minus the debt.

Paying for track goes to the bank.

I think everything else is correct.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Brosius
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
wondgamb wrote:
- Initial setup: buying a private company, the money goes to the reserve (not the bank)

I'm not sure what you mean by "reserve". But when you buy a private company, the money goes to the bank, except when you buy an independent railroad (Michigan Southern or Big 4, in which case the "Debt" goes to the bank and the rest to the independent company treasury.)

Quote:
- corp issuing/buying share: the money flows between the bank and the corp treasuries

Correct.

Quote:
- buying tracks: the money goes to the reserve (not the bank)

No, money paid for tracks goes to the bank.

Quote:
- buying trains: the money goes to the bank (or to corporation if inter-corp transaction)
- collecting revenues from operations: money comes from the bank, and is distributed to corporation treasuries or to shareholders (players, corps, and the bank if there are shares in the stock market)

Correct.

Quote:
- collecting income from private companies: money goes from the bank to the company owner (player or corporation)

Correct.

Also, when a player buys a share from a corporation treasury, the money goes to the treasury, but when a player buys a share from the Stock Market it goes to the Bank.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Hanning
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
We will meet at the Hour of Scampering.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If by "reserve" you mean the money specified in the rules as the starting money available in the bank, then all money that doesn't go to a player or a corporation goes into "reserve".

The only time you access any money outside what is specified as the initial bank is once the bank is exhausted. Any money owed thereafter can either be pulled from whatever currency you didn't start the game with, or annotated on paper.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evelin Auger
Canada
Portneuf
Québec
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
One important thing: if you play it with paper money you will be adding at least one hour to the game. Get poker chips!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Romain Soulie
France
Angoulême
Charente
flag msg tools
Ok I got it wrong with the "reserve". Guys thanks a lot for the feedbacks. Crytal clear-now.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.