William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
For BJ.....
mb
Sooo....

I got on the Donald Trump mailing list a while ago, during the election. Mostly, I wanted to keep track of some things they were talking about, and I was going to write about it. Then I got busy with personal bullshit, didn't write the piece, and Trump trounced Hilary in the electoral college while losing the popular vote.

But its curious-

The Trump mailing list is still active, and I'm still being solicited for money. I mean, you WON guys. What the fuck?

While that's annoying- and curious- what was more disturbing to me was the following survey that they're asking everyone on their mailing list to take.

Take the 100 Day Plan of Action Survey!!

I mean, seriously-
The man is polling to see what proposals he should prioritize in the first 100 days? He doesn't KNOW what he wants to do?

And some of the things on this survey.....

This is all quoted from the survey, btw. Click on it yourself!

-Begin constructing the wall along the Southern border.
Got it. You're asking your base how much they REALLY want the wall, so if they're soft on it you can walk away from it.

Repeal and replace ObamaCare.
-Ditto.

Appoint a strong constitutionalist to the Supreme Court in the mold of the late Justice Antonin Scalia.
- Do I have pressure the Senate to get rid of the Filibuster rule or not?

Sign into law the Senate’s existing bill to build the Keystone Pipeline.
- Do you guys really care that much about something that would be easy for me to get done? Please, please say yes.

Introduce an infrastructure package to modernize our country.
- Ditto; but this would be a bit harder.

Unleash the Middle Class Tax Relief and Simplification Act, which will cut taxes for middle-class families and simplify the tax brackets in order to streamline the process.
- Can I bribe you with tax cuts?

Announce our official withdrawal from the TPP.
- I gotta at least stand by something I promised in the campaign.

Renegotiate NAFTA into terms that protect the American worker.
- Do I really need to do this?

Propose a constitutional amendment to impose terms limits on all members of Congress.
- Can I buy you off with a symbolic gesture that won't ever pass Congress?

Lift the restrictions on the production of $50 trillion dollars worth of American energy, including shale, oil, natural gas, and clean coal.
- Thank you West Virginia and North Carolina!

Cancel billions of dollars in payments to U.N. climate change programs, and use that money to fix our own country.
- How many John Birchers are still out there in my base?

Allow Americans to deduct childcare and eldercare from their taxes.
- I was told this was a good idea to try and get some bipartisan appeal.

End all federal funding to sanctuary cities that circumvent the law in order to provide protection to illegal immigrants.
- Another symbolic act, but what the heck, we're going to do it if its cheap politically because its a purely Executive Branch decision.

Begin removing the more than two million criminal illegal immigrants.
- Please, please base, don't make me go through with this.

Suspend immigration from regions compromised by terrorism and where vetting cannot safely occur.
- In other words, we're going to keep with the current rules that are in place currently, and I hope you don't realize that is, in fact, the case.

Introduce plan to defeat ISIS.
- I have a SECRET plan! Now I just to write it down.
Step one: Google "What is ISIS?"

Set the standard for an “America First” foreign policy that ends regime-change, nation-building, and instead focuses on a motto of peace through strength.
- I read that Father Coughlin and Charles Lindbergh supported this once, in an old issue of Reader Digest from the 1930's while I was getting my toupee fixed up.

End bans on offshore drilling in order to end our dependence on Middle East oil and make America energy independent.
- Fuck the EPA.

Cut the government regulations that lead businesses to leave our country in the first place.
- Screw worker protections and customer safety.

Enact a five-year ban on White House and congressional officials becoming lobbyists after they leave government service.
- Another idea that I was told might get some bipartisan support, God I hope that you, the base, like this one.

End the defense sequester in order to rebuild our depleted military.
- Because we really really need the F-35 and big aircraft carriers right now.

Pass the Restoring Community Safety Act in order to reduce crime, drugs, and violence in our cities, and provide funding for programs that train and assist local police.
- Thank you police unions!!

End Common Core and bring education supervision to local communities.
- Here's another symbolic bone for the base.

Pass school-choice measures that redirect education dollars to give parents the right to send their kids to the public, private, charter, magnet, religious, or home school of their choice.
- Lets end Federal funding for public education! Huzzah!

Reform the Department of Veterans Affairs in order to provide proper treatment to America’s forgotten heroes.
- A good idea that needs to be done, lets hope the base gives a shit about it.

Let veterans receive public VA treatment or attend the private doctor of their choice.
- Ditto.

Direct the Secretary of the Treasury to label China a currency manipulator.
- Let's start a trade war!!

Pass the Clean Up Corruption in Washington Act in order to “drain the swamp” that has polluted our capital for decades.
- Note- remind Kelly Ann Conway that the link to www.TheTrumpContract.com doesn't say shit about what the Clean Up Corruption in Washington Act actually entails.....

Cancel every unconstitutional executive action, memorandum, and order issued by Obama.
- Except the ones that I like, of course.

Comparing this survey to his proposed 100 Day Action plan, as reported by NPR.org, its pretty clear what won out in the survey...

Really? Is this our President? Fighting with SNL and the cast of Hamiliton over Twitter and using pop-surveys ala Survey Monkey to make policy decisions?

My God, Pres. Trump REALLY IS the President we deserve today....

Darilian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
non sequitur
United States
Elk Point
South Dakota (SD)
flag msg tools
Mandelbrot/Simurgh hybrid etc etc
badge
I made both of these fractals, hurray!
mbmbmbmbmb
Woah.

I signed up and voted.

That's kinda funny. This is the sort of thing that would be interesting if it got poll-bombed by 4chan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Burke Martin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To me its becoming obvious that he has no interest in leading the country and only ran to make a statement. I guess the irony is that he is precisely the person that everyone voted against, do nothing politician who has no interest beyond self-enrichment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
I've voted!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's also a way to KEEP soliciting funds from the public and identify supporters for 2018 and 2020.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:
It's also a way to KEEP soliciting funds from the public and identify supporters for 2018 and 2020.

And get their measurements for shirts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Would they prefer someone MORE-'racist' or LESS-'racist' than Scalia WERE? whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
\surprise 'lay pipe' AND 'land/etc. grab!'! Such 'tiny hands' LACK "grasp of reality!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Alexandria (temporarily)
Virginia
flag msg tools
All the little chicks with crimson lips, go...
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
utoption2 wrote:
maxo-texas wrote:

It's marketing. No issue with that. There's about 20 companies that send me similar e-mails each week (such as CoolStuffInc, Financial Times, the New York Times, and the Wall Street Journal).

Yep, clearly a marketing ploy.

All who took the poll can no doubt look forward to solicitations to buy $10,000 bracelets from Ivanka.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Adelson
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Well, I see the otherness of being other is otherwise contraindicated
badge
Who cares where it came from or whether it's correct or not? Certainly not me
mbmb
I would like to impregnate Ivanka, just so we can pin down Trump's stance on Roe v. Wade once and for all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul W
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It's stuff like this that makes me appreciate mailinator
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bartosh

Sunnyvale
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I mean, on the subject of unifying the country...

"While the election might be over, Democrats and the media will relentlessly try to attack us, lie about us, and divide us over these next four years."

We're kinda starting from a negative place with this post polling blurb.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Bitter and Acerbic Harridan
Missed you, Dar!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
MisterCranky wrote:
I would like to impregnate Ivanka, just so we can pin down Trump's stance on Roe v. Wade once and for all.
Can you 'petition' upon THAT "aspect"? PULL a "68" and "owe" her '1'! surprise

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
casey r lowe
United States
butte
Montana
flag msg tools
mb
utoption2 wrote:
I am sure that many men and some women would just like to have a dinner with Ivanka, which was one of the offers that I saw on FB if you gave $10,000 to the Trump effort.

i dont get the obsession with ivanka - shes a great testament to plastic surgery i guess

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.