UA Darth
United States
Boca Raton
FL
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a question before my first game. When developing a tile, you return the replaced tile back into the pool.

So, if all 2 connection tiles are on the board, and someone replaces a 2 with a 3, the next lay place action will have to be this 2 connection? I say this because of the rule requiring you to choose a tile from those which have the fewest connection when laying tiles.

You have to place a building on the tile you place that turn I assume? Vacant is define as not having a hotel or other player building on it?

If you build on a tree, you can move that tree anywhere on the board(it doesn't have to be adjacent...)?

Thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Aventura
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Question about developing and returning tiles to the supply, erecting buildings, and trees
shadow9d9 wrote:
I have a question before my first game. When developing a tile, you return the replaced tile back into the pool.

So, if all 2 connection tiles are on the board, and someone replaces a 2 with a 3, the next lay place action will have to be this 2 connection?


Yes.

shadow9d9 wrote:
You have to place a building on the tile you place that turn I assume?


No, you can place the building on any vacant tile.

shadow9d9 wrote:
Vacant is defined as not having a hotel or other player building on it?


Can you replace your own building? I don't think so. Otherwise your definition is correct.

shadow9d9 wrote:
If you build on a tree, you can move that tree anywhere on the board(it doesn't have to be adjacent...)?


Anywhere on the board (that's empty of course).

Fantastic game; my advice is make sure to play with exactly 3 players.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
UA Darth
United States
Boca Raton
FL
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Question about developing and returning tiles to the supply, erecting buildings, and trees
Wow, I really would have thought you'd have to place the building on a tile just placed. So, you can place them on empty developed tiles too then?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guenter Cornett
Germany
Berlin
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Re: Question about developing and returning tiles to the supply, erecting buildings, and trees
Thanks for questions and answers. It's all correct.
Buildungs stay on the tile until end of game.

And yes: you can place a new buildung on any empty developed tile (or with a tree).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
UA Darth
United States
Boca Raton
FL
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Question about developing and returning tiles to the supply, erecting buildings, and trees
Thanks!

I am also having a little trouble wrapping my head around the tours.

Everyone starts out with one card in their hand, so when doing a tour, you do the one in your hand and then draw the card on the top of the pile afterwards, right?

You can go to any location multiple times, as long as you don't reuse the same path.

You just have to make sure that the places with buildings, hotels, or trees are added up and total the site number on the card exactly?

Thanks again!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Aventura
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
shadow9d9 wrote:

Everyone starts out with one card in their hand, so when doing a tour, you do the one in your hand and then draw the card on the top of the pile afterwards, right?


Yes, if by "in your hand" you mean "face up in front of you on the table where others can see". The draw pile itself is also face up so you can see which card you'll be drawing before you take the tour action.

shadow9d9 wrote:
You can go to any location multiple times, as long as you don't reuse the same path.


Yes, but a location only counts once towards the requirements of your card no matter how many times you visit it. You may also visit hotels in the middle of your tour but they don't count towards any requirement.

shadow9d9 wrote:
You just have to make sure that the places with buildings, hotels, or trees are added up and total the site number on the card exactly?


The only thing that's MANDATORY when doing a tour is the number of stops, which MUST be exactly the number on the card. This means if you have a "6" card you must start at a hotel, make 5 stops, and then as your 6th stop end at a hotel (which can be the same hotel you started from).

For each category (forests and the three building types) there is a minimum and maximum value on your card. You do not HAVE to be within that range, but if you are not then that category won't pay out at all and you will be penalized $1. Each category is evaluated individually.

Does that make sense?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guenter Cornett
Germany
Berlin
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Yes, that's right, thanks.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
UA Darth
United States
Boca Raton
FL
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
verandi wrote:
shadow9d9 wrote:

Everyone starts out with one card in their hand, so when doing a tour, you do the one in your hand and then draw the card on the top of the pile afterwards, right?


Yes, if by "in your hand" you mean "face up in front of you on the table where others can see". The draw pile itself is also face up so you can see which card you'll be drawing before you take the tour action.

shadow9d9 wrote:
You can go to any location multiple times, as long as you don't reuse the same path.


Yes, but a location only counts once towards the requirements of your card no matter how many times you visit it. You may also visit hotels in the middle of your tour but they don't count towards any requirement.

shadow9d9 wrote:
You just have to make sure that the places with buildings, hotels, or trees are added up and total the site number on the card exactly?


The only thing that's MANDATORY when doing a tour is the number of stops, which MUST be exactly the number on the card. This means if you have a "6" card you must start at a hotel, make 5 stops, and then as your 6th stop end at a hotel (which can be the same hotel you started from).

For each category (forests and the three building types) there is a minimum and maximum value on your card. You do not HAVE to be within that range, but if you are not then that category won't pay out at all and you will be penalized $1. Each category is evaluated individually.

Does that make sense?


Everyone starts off with one tour card, so isn't that card in your hand? I thought after you did that first card, you then pick up the first face up card in the tour pile and then you use that tour card next time.

Also, I think you are just expanding upon what I was saying, but I was just confirming that you have to stop exactly the amount of times on the card(and you cannot skip I imagine). Sorry for being a pain!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guenter Cornett
Germany
Berlin
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
shadow9d9 wrote:

Everyone starts off with one tour card, so isn't that card in your hand? I thought after you did that first card, you then pick up the first face up card in the tour pile and then you use that tour card next time.


At "Setting up the game" the rules say: "Each player is dealt a “5” card at random and reveals it."
This is the start tour card.

shadow9d9 wrote:

Also, I think you are just expanding upon what I was saying, but I was just confirming that you have to stop exactly the amount of times on the card(and you cannot skip I imagine). Sorry for being a pain!

My English is not so good, but it seems that verandi confirms your words with detailed example, to make it clear and to explain the context (Don't know if your formulations may leave space for misnderstanding).

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
UA Darth
United States
Boca Raton
FL
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, so you hand out the 5s to see who becomes the starting player. Then, you collect them all and place one at the top of the pile?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Aventura
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
shadow9d9 wrote:
Ok, so you hand out the 5s to see who becomes the starting player. Then, you collect them all and place one at the top of the pile?


NO!

The point is that the tour card "in your hand" is open information, so it should be lying on the table in front of you so everyone can see it.

At the beginning of the game you get dealt a "5" card. Place it face up on the table in front of you. When you complete a tour action you discard that card from the game and take the top card from the deck. Thus, you always have a tour card face up on the table in front of you.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
UA Darth
United States
Boca Raton
FL
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
verandi wrote:
shadow9d9 wrote:
Ok, so you hand out the 5s to see who becomes the starting player. Then, you collect them all and place one at the top of the pile?


NO!

The point is that the tour card "in your hand" is open information, so it should be lying on the table in front of you so everyone can see it.

At the beginning of the game you get dealt a "5" card. Place it face up on the table in front of you. When you complete a tour action you discard that card from the game and take the top card from the deck. Thus, you always have a tour card face up on the table in front of you.


Ok, and when you pick the tour action, you use the card in front of you and then replace it once done?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guenter Cornett
Germany
Berlin
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Yes, that's right.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
UA Darth
United States
Boca Raton
FL
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks so much!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.