David Somerville
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
AAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Minis! Add-ons! Expansions! Upgrades! Patrick has REALLY outdone himself—come check it out!!!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2074786394/vast-the-cry...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Harrell
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in for the minies and upgrades. Great job Patrick.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah Jo
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The base game is finished now? No more changes planned? I really appreciate the upgrade pack option, very happy to see that! My printer is ancient so I'd much rather (and I'm willing to) buy shiny new components. I plan to at least back the upgrade pack, for sure!

Quote:
The second printing also includes another double-sided play aid with the easily forgotten rules. The rulebook, player boards, and cards have also received another editing pass

Quote:
The upgrade pack contains the second-printing rulebook, player boards, and rules sheets.

Does this mean there are changed/updated cards that aren't going to be in the upgrade pack, or am I misunderstanding something?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michelle
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WOW, holy cow the minis look great! I'm so hyped!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan McCullough
United States
Germantown
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yay! missed the first one, glad to see a 6th player option too, shouldn't be long before that's unlocked
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Leder
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not committing to the cards just yet. We are trying to price it. The problem with cards is the factory would need to build a box for it then so we are trying to figure out what to do.

I would like to get you the cards, not many changed but a few did.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frances McGregor
Canada
The Pas
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was a little worried about the knight with the WIP pictures, but she looks awesome!

The dragon has wings! Eeeeeeeeek!

Couldn't back this fast enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Board Together
msg tools
mbmb
What is different about the base game being sold via the kickstarter and those that are up for pre-order online?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Leder
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing they are the same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ぶる ぶるっ
msg tools
Night fell and the hours dragged on, but still we murmured to each other of the King and the Pallid Mask, and midnight sounded from the misty spires in the fog-wrapped city.
badge
We spoke of Hastur and of Cassilda, while outside the fog rolled against the blank window-panes as the cloud waves roll and break on the shores of Hali.
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh wow, what an awesome surprise to wake up to. Patrick, David, have you sent out an update to previous Vast backers yet letting them know this is live? I missed it if you did (wouldn't be the first time shake ), and wouldn't have known about it if it weren't for my subsrciption here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So this posting on Miniature Market is for the second printing and it will be in their hands in January? And the kickstarter version of the second printing will be available to backers in March?

http://www.miniaturemarket.com/led00002.html

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Carr
United States
Charlottesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
YAY! the minis look great

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Board Together
msg tools
mbmb
GreenM wrote:

Then you might want to consider adding some promos to the campaign. Most aren't going to pay over $20 more for no reason.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew H
United States
Oshkosh
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
The date on Miniature market is an "estimated date". So I wouldn't count on getting it sooner than from the kickstarter. Also, price could possibly change since the price in the kickstarter is more expensive than the original so a change may reflect that, even if you preordered it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Board Together
msg tools
mbmb
heinm1989 wrote:
The date on Miniature market is an "estimated date". So I wouldn't count on getting it sooner than from the kickstarter. Also, price could possibly change since the price in the kickstarter is more expensive than the original so a change may reflect that, even if you preordered it.

The pre-order price won't change.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guilly Berto
United States
flag msg tools
BoardTogether wrote:
GreenM wrote:

Then you might want to consider adding some promos to the campaign. Most aren't going to pay over $20 more for no reason.

557 people and counting disagree with you. Some people will pay the cost of 3 or 4 lattes to support a small publisher, it is called altruism.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Leder
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
buruburub wrote:
Oh wow, what an awesome surprise to wake up to. Patrick, David, have you sent out an update to previous Vast backers yet letting them know this is live? I missed it if you did (wouldn't be the first time shake ), and wouldn't have known about it if it weren't for my subsrciption here.

I fully intend to I just ran out of time at work, I also happened to have to visit the endontist today. Hooray root canal!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan Furman
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Adonai_80 wrote:
Yay! missed the first one, glad to see a 6th player option too, shouldn't be long before that's unlocked

It is now unlocked!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toby Goode
New Zealand
Auckland
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
wooo 1st milestone already!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom Hiob
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
just to be on the safe side: Does anyone know how the "addons" will work? Will the standard 60$ pledge get the Ghost automatically? Is there an additional cost? What about shipping? (And yes, I've read the paragraph about shipping, and that if two dates (March/August) are listed, shipping for both is included. I'm just asking because 15$ to Germany are rather inexpensive, so I want to be sure).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C&H Schmidt
Germany
Heidelberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm happy that the Kickstarter is doing well!
And the minis so far look really great!

Since I'm not a massive minis fan in general, I'm still deciding whether to get them and the upgrade pack or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy M
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does the upgrade pack reward level include the stretch goals from the campaign? I'm on the fence about upgrading the boards but if it includes the 6th player components then I would definitely be in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Leder
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The Addons will be like expansions and require additional backing, you can back at any level to get them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SuperBrian
United States
Ringwood
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm very happy to back this for the minis and upgrades.

I may have missed it but what changed on the player boards?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy M
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GreenM wrote:
The Addons will be like expansions and require additional backing, you can back at any level to get them.

Thanks for the info Patrick. I'll wait to see what the prices for the add-ons will be!

Also echoing the poster above, I know the answers are somewhere but I would be grateful if someone can summarize what changed on the player boards?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [8] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.