GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

10,340 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
67 Posts
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 

Arkham Horror: The Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: Coin Capsules? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: bling [+] [View All]
Scourn1
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Was just trying to verify what size is needed for the chaos tokens? is it 31mm?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keven Ebner
United States
Spencerport
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
26mm

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly B
Finland
Vantaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have these and they are about perfect though they are tight fit it all works out:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001LEZVH6/?tag=article-bo...

They aren't bad at all though I'd prefer a chaos token made out of the wood from a Evil Dead movie. Like my dice will be lol.

Here are some seated:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erick Christgau
United States
Joelton
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I used 25mm and they're snug but work perfectly.

EDIT: now that I bothered to read the other comments, I used the exact ones mentioned above and I love them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Martin
msg tools
mb
I've been using these coin capsules for about 4 or 5 days now and they're probably the best upgrade I've done for the game. After a month of shuffling through the original cardboard there's no doubt that eventually they're going to get worn and damaged. Having to buy new ones in another month or so would be the worst possible reason to buy another Core Set. yuk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abaddon Wormwood
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm sitting at work and would like to order a batch of Coin Capsules for all the tokens. What I was wondering is the breakdown of the Damage and Horror tokens as the 1's & 3's are sized differently if someone wouldn't mind.

1Core:

Damage Tokens (1s) = capsule with an inner diameter of 19mm x 20
Damage Tokens (3s) = capsule with an inner diameter of 22mm x 7
Horror Tokens (1s) = capsule with an inner diameter of 20mm x 14
Horror Tokens (3s) = capsule with an inner diameter of 22mm x 4
Resource Tokens (crate) = capsule with an inner diameter of 19mm x 30
Clue/Doom Tokens (d-sided) = capsule with an inner diameter of 17mm x 30
Chaos Tokens = capsule with an inner diameter of 26mm x 44

(The above list is thanks to Sven Mohnert - Taragashi)

Capsule with an inner diameter of 17mm x 30
Capsule with an inner diameter of 19mm x 50
Capsule with an inner diameter of 20mm x 14
Capsule with an inner diameter of 22mm x 11
Capsule with an inner diameter of 26mm x 44

[Edit: Added Damage and Horror token numbers as provided by Kelly B (happycatmachine). Also added a total count of capsule per size]

Cheers,
Wormwood
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Seu L'eaux
United States
California
flag msg tools
happycatmachine wrote:
I have these and they are about perfect though they are tight fit it all works out:

They aren't bad at all though I'd prefer a chaos token made out of the wood from a Evil Dead movie. Like my dice will be lol.

Here are some seated:

I see that Faramir promo laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly B
Finland
Vantaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HanOfCards wrote:
happycatmachine wrote:

Here are some seated:

I see that Faramir promo laugh

I really have to commend you for spotting that. I could have cropped it and left it out but I admit that I wanted to see if anyone got it. Very, very, VERY good eye. I haven't sleeved it yet. Very dangerous! laugh

Wish I could give you more thumbs, enjoy the gg instead. Will look through your posting history and give you thumbs as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly B
Finland
Vantaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lord of Wormwood wrote:
I'm sitting at work and would like to order a batch of Coin Capsules for all the tokens. What I was wondering is the breakdown of the Damage and Horror tokens as the 1's & 3's are sized differently if someone wouldn't mind.

1Core:

Damage Tokens (1s) = capsule with an inner diameter of 19mm x 20
Damage Tokens (3s) = capsule with an inner diameter of 22mm x 7
Horror Tokens (1s) = capsule with an inner diameter of 20mm x 14
Horror Tokens (3s) = capsule with an inner diameter of 22mm x 4
Resource Tokens (crate) = capsule with an inner diameter of 19mm x 30
Clue/Doom Tokens (d-sided) = capsule with an inner diameter of 17mm x 30
Chaos Tokens = capsule with an inner diameter of 26mm x 44
(The above list is thanks to Sven Mohnert - Taragashi)

Cheers,
Wormwood

Very useful, thank you. Bolded answers for more helpfulness
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abaddon Wormwood
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info Kelly - have updated my post with the data and also added a summary count.

I have been wondering if I should not wait a week or two and see what pops up on Etsy as far as Token replacements. There are some great health and sanity tokens out there for the other Arkham Files games so it's only time before sellers tailor to this game.

Wormwood

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly B
Finland
Vantaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just received these today

http://stonemaiergames.com/games/treasure-chests/adventure-a...

They will pimp out many games!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Winchester
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Those are awesome. Amazon does have some 26mm capsules (and for quite a bit cheaper - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JPLZ6AO/ref=ox_sc_sfl_t...). Do you think the 25 or the 26 are the way to go?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Martin
msg tools
mb
I have the 26mm and they fit great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Dursch
United States
Farmersville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Out of curiosity these coins look to be exactly an inch across, so 25.2 mm. That probably explains the tight fit. I'm ok with that

Picked up a 100 pack of 25's for 10$, free shipping

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01GCNX0J6/ref=ya_aw_od_pi?ie...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Bigmore
England
Abingdon
Oxon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fyxsius wrote:
Out of curiosity these coins look to be exactly an inch across, so 25.2 mm.

25.4 mm surely?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Willems
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Do the tokens shift around in the 26mm? Or is it still a tight fit?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Sigal
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So the 25s will fit? Just a tighter squeeze?

Asking because I impulse bought a pack of 100 25mms and am hoping I won't regret that decision, haha.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Dursch
United States
Farmersville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bigland wrote:
Fyxsius wrote:
Out of curiosity these coins look to be exactly an inch across, so 25.2 mm.

25.4 mm surely?

Ack, goofed up my conversion factor! It's all good. I work in one or the other, I don't convert between the two very often Xd

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Dursch
United States
Farmersville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Twitch_City wrote:
So the 25s will fit? Just a tighter squeeze?

Asking because I impulse bought a pack of 100 25mms and am hoping I won't regret that decision, haha.

I did too but several folks vouched for them near the beginning of the post. You will have a snug fit with no wiggle room with the 25mm. There was probably a little room extra for coin collectors to be able to remove coins if needed. I don't see us removing chaos tokens any time soon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wiedewiet
Netherlands
Tilburg
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got the 25mm ones. The tokens fit very snugly, they need to be pressed in and there's no movement possible at all. Only drawback I can see is they are impossible to get out again without a significant risk of damaging them.

Oh well, there goes my idea to only put the tokens in when using them. I wanted to switch them out when changing difficulty. But alas, they go in, they don't come out again. Guess I'll order some extra (a little more expensive here in the Netherlands, hence I only bought 20 pieces).

How many capsules you reckon I will need? I know there are 44 chaos tokens in the core set, but is anything known about possible extra tokens in the expansions? And how many? From a production point of view I would think FFG would only put tokens in the core set, so they don't have the extra production/packaging cost in the expansions. Is anything known about this?

I'm also wondering how tight the fit is with 26mm. Does 26mm allow the tokens to move in the capsule?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Martin
msg tools
mb
The 26mm are a looser fit, but none of my tokens seem to move around inside the capsule once it's pressed shut. Shaking them back and forth doesn't appear to cause the tokens to move at all.

Also, I've only capsulized the tokens that I currently need for Standard difficulty - 16, I think, plus the extra token for the third scenario.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wiedewiet
Netherlands
Tilburg
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
emart40x wrote:
The 26mm are a looser fit, but none of my tokens seem to move around inside the capsule once it's pressed shut. Shaking them back and forth doesn't appear to cause the tokens to move at all.

Also, I've only capsulized the tokens that I currently need for Standard difficulty - 16, I think, plus the extra token for the third scenario.

Do you think you could remove the tokens from the 26mm capsule without damaging them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Dursch
United States
Farmersville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wire, If you concentrate on the ones you need to encapsulate to alter your chaos bag you will need to protect the following:

+1,+1,0,0,0-1,-1,-1,-2,-2,-3,-3,-4,-4,-5,-6,-8, 2 skulls, cultist, broken tablet, tentacles, elder sign.

This covers easy through arkham horror difficulty and all variations between. A grand total of 23 different coins to encapsulate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wiedewiet
Netherlands
Tilburg
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fyxsius wrote:
Wire, If you concentrate on the ones you need to encapsulate to alter your chaos bag you will need to protect the following:

+1,+1,0,0,0-1,-1,-1,-2,-2,-3,-3,-4,-4,-5,-6,-8, 2 skulls, cultist, broken tablet, tentacles, elder sign.

This covers easy through arkham horror difficulty and all variations between. A grand total of 23 different coins to encapsulate.

Alright, but will there be more tokens in expansions? Anything known about that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Martin
msg tools
mb
I haven't tried reopening the capsules, but assuming they're designed to be reopened (for coin collecting), I'm sure I could remove the token from the 26mm capsule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.