Popular Tags: [View All]
Tobias Mrosek
Germany
Hessdorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Heidelberger Spieleverlag

will translate DooM and bring it over here to germany, 2. Quarter of 2017!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peer Lagerpusch
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hope you guys will enjoy the German version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Mrosek
Germany
Hessdorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thx
Are you involved in the german version of DooM 2016/17 ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nukem999 wrote:
Thx
Are you involved in the german version of DooM 2016/17 ?

Yes, Peer and I made the translation. We are just as eager to see the final edit from Heidelberger as anyone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peer Lagerpusch
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, we did the translation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Mrosek
Germany
Hessdorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i guess you can´t spill a few more infos or?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nukem999 wrote:
i guess you can´t spill a few more infos or?

That depends on what you would like to know, I guess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Mrosek
Germany
Hessdorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ahh.

well where ist the hellknight?

Are they any playing modes beside the one already known from the FFG website. Guess you are under NDA

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nukem999 wrote:

Check this image. I think it's a pretty detailed list of what creatures to expect.

Quote:

Are they any playing modes beside the one already known from the FFG website. Guess you are under NDA

The linked page below describes DOOM's gameplay mode(s) I am aware of very accurately:

htps://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/11/16/in-a-hail-of-bullets/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If any game's meant to have a German version, it's Doom. Hyper-violent and aggressive. Am I talking about the game or how German language (stereotypically) sounds ? Your call!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Amor, sola lex
mbmbmbmbmb
Dam the Man wrote:
If any game's meant to have a German version, it's Doom. Hyper-violent and aggressive. Am I talking about the game or how German language (stereotypically) sounds ? Your call!

Can we avoid racist jokes? Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dam the Man wrote:

The original edition of the game contains very little to no strong language, and it does not need any.
The general tone is one of desparation, as is described in the product text on the official website. The marines are outnumbered, but not outgunned. There is little hope, but the marines won't go down without making them demons pay a hefty fine.

However, it does contain a violent sort of vibe. Take for example the Glory Kill mechanism, which can lead to hilarious situations (I'm thinking of the stadium fight's ending from Duke Nukem 3D )*
Also, you get the lovely chainsaw which is devastating at short range. I guess that was to be expected. I actually laughed at the descriptions of some of the items, which revealed the two sides of this game. Thus, DOOM does not take itself too seriously, which I kind of like. Yes, you are going to die a lot as marines, but you can still have a lot of fun ripping demons to shreds while doing so.

What I tried to achieve while translating was to transport this vibe to German, which is kind of hard in some occasions. I cannot speak for the final edit, which is going to change a thing or two from what I submitted, but I strongly believe that most of the puns and ridiculouslesness from the fluff text will have survived. I am especially curious, if the Mission's titles will still be "mine" - and if so, if the community will find them suiting the theme.

*Refer to:
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/10/31/not-yo....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peer Lagerpusch
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nukem999 wrote:
ahh.

Wasn't the Hellknight in Doom 3?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scarlet Witch wrote:
Dam the Man wrote:

I think Rauli refers to the overzealous "child protection laws" that forced many a game to be censored in ways that literally crippled their essence before it could be released in Germany. Some of the worst examples include Half Life and Soldier of Fortune 2, in which human opponents were replaced by robots.

This situation has changed a lot in recent years, though. 18+ games are mostly uncut and only the most offensive games (mostly Nazi themes) will be indexed, making them hard to get for the general public.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Amor, sola lex
mbmbmbmbmb
nightye wrote:
Scarlet Witch wrote:
Dam the Man wrote:

I think Rauli refers to the overzealous "child protection laws" that forced many a game to be censored in ways that literally crippled their essence before it could be released in Germany. Some of the worst examples include Half Life and Soldier of Fortune 2, in which human opponents were replaced by robots.

This situation has changed a lot in recent years, though. 18+ games are mostly uncut and only the most offensive games (mostly Nazi themes) will be indexed, making them hard to get for the general public.

I see. Has sense, Pierre, thanks for the explanation (very difficult to guess if you're not aware of the environment, tho).

Sorry Rauli that I misread your post

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Mrosek
Germany
Hessdorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes it was... But the mini shown in the new boardgame is the Baron of Hell.
The Hellknight is encounter as well in DooM 2016.

The mini would look better (sizewise) than the Baron of Hell.
I guess the Baron makes for a better figure, but i think that a few demons are missing. Flying Souls, Summoner, lame zombie...

Maybe an hint for an expansion in the making?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peer Lagerpusch
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, maybe. The old one got one and with the added content of the video game it is possible, but first the board game needs to sell well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ulrich I.
Austria
Feldkirch
flag msg tools
badge
Nice Dice to all!
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone got any news regarding the german version? Any idea when we can expect it to hit the shelves?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.