Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Professor of Pain
United States
St. Joseph
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Trump Foundation admits to violating ban on ‘self-dealing,’ new filing to IRS shows

Quote:
President-elect Donald Trump’s charitable foundation has apparently admitted to the IRS that it violated a legal prohibition against “self-dealing,” which bars nonprofit leaders from using their charity’s money to help themselves, their businesses, or their families.

[...]

Another line on the form asked if the Trump Foundation had engaged in any acts of self-dealing in prior years. The Trump Foundation checked “yes” again.

[...]

During the presidential campaign, The Post revealed several instances — worth about $300,000 — where Trump seemed to have used the Trump Foundation to help himself.

In two cases, The Post reported, the Trump Foundation appeared to pay legal settlements to end lawsuits that involved his for-profit businesses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bartosh

Sunnyvale
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Now you care, Hillary, etc.

Repeat arguments for several pages.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Whew! Trump became a member of the political class JUST IN TIME!

Now he's above the law! Whee!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Drew1365 wrote:

There's a 'plethora' of "cinematic depictions" for such 'REMISS-taken'-"given" and why do YOU 'surmise' as that? shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris B
United States
Oxford
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Hotty Toddy Rebels!
badge
Lets go Blues!
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:

Are you really that stupid? nvm, just saw your user name.

The difference is huge. Trump used his charity, to better himself. (Person who gains = Trump).

Clinton used herself to better her charity. (Person who gains = Women & Children benefited by the Clinton Foundation).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Les Marshall
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Elfbane wrote:
Trump Foundation admits to violating ban on ‘self-dealing,’ new filing to IRS shows

Quote:
President-elect Donald Trump’s charitable foundation has apparently admitted to the IRS that it violated a legal prohibition against “self-dealing,” which bars nonprofit leaders from using their charity’s money to help themselves, their businesses, or their families.

[...]

Another line on the form asked if the Trump Foundation had engaged in any acts of self-dealing in prior years. The Trump Foundation checked “yes” again.

[...]

During the presidential campaign, The Post revealed several instances — worth about $300,000 — where Trump seemed to have used the Trump Foundation to help himself.

In two cases, The Post reported, the Trump Foundation appeared to pay legal settlements to end lawsuits that involved his for-profit businesses.

Why bother? Trump supporters will deflect or willfully misunderstand the nature of the story.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
utoption2 wrote:
Rulesjd wrote:
Elfbane wrote:

Quote:

[...]

[...]

Why bother? Trump supporters will deflect or willfully misunderstand the nature of the story.

Just as the Clinton followers have done since 1992. Wow. Obviously, we have some noobs to this country, since they obviously are unaware of this fact.

Well I guess that makes it all ok...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Les Marshall
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
utoption2 wrote:
Rulesjd wrote:
Elfbane wrote:

Quote:

[...]

[...]

Just as the Clinton followers have done since 1992. Wow. Obviously, we have some noobs to this country, since they obviously are unaware of this fact.

I'm not a Clinton fan or follower. Didn't really like her when she was first lady and don't have a high opinion of her now. So, whatever Clinton followers think is irrelevant.

What is relevant is that the current President elect has finally come clean that his "foundation" engaged in self dealing last year which is a violation of the rules and places it's qualification as a charitable organization in doubt. Moreover, the disclosure now tells us that such activities have occurred in prior years despite previous denials. Failure to disclose such self dealings in those prior years "could" amount to perjury which is the very charge that brought Bill Clinton up for impeachment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
All the little chicks with crimson lips, go...
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Rulesjd wrote:
utoption2 wrote:
Rulesjd wrote:
Elfbane wrote:

Quote:

[...]

[...]

I'm not a Clinton fan or follower. Didn't really like her when she was first lady and don't have a high opinion of her now. So, whatever Clinton followers think is irrelevant.

What is relevant is that the current President elect has finally come clean that his "foundation" engaged in self dealing last year which is a violation of the rules and places it's qualification as a charitable organization in doubt. Moreover, the disclosure now tells us that such activities have occurred in prior years despite previous denials. Failure to disclose such self dealings in those prior years "could" amount to perjury which is the very charge that brought Bill Clinton up for impeachment.

I doubt this would be enough for a GOP congress to impeach Trump even if they found gallons of Trump's DNA on a blue dress.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald
United States
New Alexandria
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:

I thought your name had be Clinton and you had to be a democrat for that to apply.

wifwendell wrote:

I doubt this would be enough for a GOP congress to impeach Trump even if they found gallons of Trump's DNA on a blue dress.

I disagree. They could impeach wild card Trump and get party-boy Pence in the seat. I think they'd use this a threat first to try to get Trump in line for the look of things first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
utoption2 wrote:
Rulesjd wrote:
Elfbane wrote:

Quote:

[...]

[...]

So basically agreeing that the "drain the swamp" meme of The Donald's campaign was the unvarnished snake oil a lot of us thought it was.

Then what are we left if that was a lie? All that seems to be left is his bigotry and prejudice it seems. Again not a big surprise.

Also, would love to see examples for the Clintons that equal say trying to pressure Scottish politicians to ban windmills since he does not like them near his golf course

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/nov/22/trump-britis...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mutton Chops
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kumitedad wrote:

Also, would love to see examples for the Clintons that equal say trying to pressure Scottish politicians to ban windmills since he does not like them near his golf course

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/nov/22/trump-britis...

To be fair, I'm not sure that "whining to his friends in UKIP that he doesn't like windfarms in Scotland, and they should lobby to get them moved offshore" quite equates to "pressuring Scottish politicians", but it does rather underline his priorities.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
utoption2 wrote:
Rulesjd wrote:
Elfbane wrote:

Quote:

[...]

[...]

That's not really true. Multiple people on RSP dug into the Clinton foundation financial's which are publicly available and open records. All we found were dramatically below average Administration costs and dramatically above average direction of funds to actual charity work. Repeatedly we found statements that the foundation was acting illegitimately to be not just untrue but outright lies. You can find the threads here on RSP.

The principal thing we found was that the Clinton Foundation actually spends the money and so the most common way to lie about the Clinton Foundation was to say that they did not give out money to other foundations as a way to imply that they did no charity work. Charity Navigator gives the Clinton Foundation Top Notch ratings. It's been linked to her multiple times.

The soul possible violation in connection with the Clinton Foundation was that Hillary Clinton might maybe possibly have met people that she would have met anyway it's part of her duties and Order to attain further donations to the charity for charitable purposes. Such as reducing AIDS and helping women and children around the world. Seriously on this issue your statement sounds like you haven't done any personal digging into the charity yourself so I recommend that you do it because doing the actual research changed my opinion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGK
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:

it's funny because Trump had been doing this for literally decades and no action had ever been taken against him but now the increased scrutiny as a result of a run for public office has forced him to declare malfeasance
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
All the little chicks with crimson lips, go...
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Donald wrote:
wifwendell wrote:

I disagree. They could impeach wild card Trump and get party-boy Pence in the seat. I think they'd use this a threat first to try to get Trump in line for the look of things first.

Only at the risk of making an enemy of Trump who could then wreak havoc on the Republican Party candidates in '18 and '20.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You don't know what it's like!

Breaking The Law

[Halford/Tipton/Downing]

There I was completely wasting, out of work and down
all inside it's so frustrating as I drift from town to town
feel as though nobody cares if I live or die
so I might as well begin to put some action in my life

{Chorus}
Breaking the law, breaking the law

So much for the golden future, I can't even start
I've had every promise broken, there's anger in my heart
you don't know what it's like, you don't have a clue
if you did you'd find yourselves doing the same thing too

{Chorus}

You don't know what it's like

{Chorus}

Breaking the law
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Rowls
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Special prosecutor - jail him - 18 enquiries . he is a crook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Les Marshall
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kumitedad wrote:

So basically agreeing that the "drain the swamp" meme of The Donald's campaign was the unvarnished snake oil a lot of us thought it was.

When a great big well fed alligator tells you he's going to drain his own habitat, take it with a grain of salt.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Welcome Rolling Stones
Latvia
Bullshit
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Lock him up! Lock him up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.