Nations: The Dice Game – Unrest» Forums » General

Subject: Greatness! Will it be available before Christmas? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Johan Bengter
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Greatness! Will it be available before Christmas? This is the perfect game to play with my brothers for Christmas. Its fast enough to not annoy our wifes so we get to play games more than once. We loved the base game but after 10 games or so we felt it could really use and expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Weber
Germany
Wendeburg
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I doubt it - on Essen Spiel 2016 I was told that the expansion will be published next year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rustan Håkansson
Sweden
Norrköping
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Fast 4X eurogame Kickstarting in March
badge
First game is Tribes in March, participate in development on dev.teatimeproductions.se!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sadly not available for Christmas, current estimate from the publisher is April 2017. Unrest production is fine now, but there are issues with the dice in the reprint of the base game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Wojtkielewicz
United States
Flagstaff
Arizona
flag msg tools
He who comes too late is punished by life.
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad to see it is in production, I played with your early print and play and it was awesome, keep us informed. Congratulations!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played this game in a long, long time because I found (in 20+ games) that it was too susceptible to "dice hate me syndrome". But I'm very hopeful that some of that will be addressed by this expansion - especially the "pass first tiles". I'm a little concerned by the potential issue of being punished for having a bad first roll by the possibility of Unrest - it's bad enough seeing everyone else snaffle all the good stuff before I act, simply because their first roll was more fortuitous, without the possibility of being penalised for having no choice but to reroll.

Nevertheless, I'm interested and will wait to see more details before I make up my mind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gallant
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am skeptical of it seeing the light of day at all as Lautapelit.fi is rumored to be having some difficulties since they are discontinuing Eclipse.

Edit: I run the retail section of a game cafe and I was speaking with one of our distributors and they mentioned that Eclipse was being discontinued, but he failed to specify that it was just leaving Asmodee rather than being unavailable forever. He took this to mean that Lautapelit was having issues, but see below for this not being the case. Sorry for the confusion!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toni Niittymaki
Finland
Helsinki
EU
flag msg tools
publisher
mb
Cheeseburger wrote:
I am skeptical of it seeing the light of day at all as Lautapelit.fi is rumored to be having some difficulties since they are discontinuing Eclipse.

Yesterday, we told Asmodee that we discontinue working with them in 2017.

Just to be clear, we're not in trouble, Eclipse is not discontinued, quite the opposite. Unrest will also be published in 2017.

Lautapelit.fi
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
toniemn wrote:
Cheeseburger wrote:

That is very sad to hear. Yesterday, we told Asmodee that we discontinue working with them in 2017, and the next day "we're in trouble". If this is how Asmodee explains why titles are going away from them, it's really, really sad.

Just to be clear, we're not in trouble, Eclipse is not discontinued, quite the opposite. Unrest will also be published in 2017.

Lautapelit.fi
With a title like Eclipse in your portfolio, I'm not surprised that working with Asmodee is something that you might review. They surely have limited room in their catalogue for space-themed 4X games. As they seem to be streamlining their product lines that would seem to put Eclipse at risk, so yeah, get out before they kill *your* product line. Good call. I hope that you go from strength to strength.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jamelli
United States
Chambersburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
toniemn wrote:
Unrest will also be published in 2017.

thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Hester
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
meow
mbmbmbmbmb
toniemn wrote:
Cheeseburger wrote:

Lautapelit.fi

Can't wait to get Unrest! (and a new copy of the core set, a friend loved it so much, I'm giving them my current one)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk H
Germany
flag msg tools
I write about games...
mbmbmbmbmb
Last information of the shop where I preordered it was, that Unrest will be available at the beginning of february.

Perhaps Rustan can tell us if this is right...

Cheers
Dickie77

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rustan Håkansson
Sweden
Norrköping
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Fast 4X eurogame Kickstarting in March
badge
First game is Tribes in March, participate in development on dev.teatimeproductions.se!
mbmbmbmbmb
No chance for February. April is what the publisher has said.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Fiedler
Australia
Colebee
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking forward to it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toni Niittymaki
Finland
Helsinki
EU
flag msg tools
publisher
mb
We will be delayed from April a bit as we just got a pulishing partner for the main game. It'll take little bit longer to finish the files.

Likely, end of May, early June.

Lautapelit.fi
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk H
Germany
flag msg tools
I write about games...
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh boy, makes me sad. I was so looking forward playing this soon... :-(

Dirk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emils E
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
toniemn wrote:
We will be delayed from April a bit as we just got a pulishing partner for the main game. It'll take little bit longer to finish the files.

Likely, end of May, early June.

Lautapelit.fi

From watching Dice Tower 30h marathon I assume it is Stronghold.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Wojtkielewicz
United States
Flagstaff
Arizona
flag msg tools
He who comes too late is punished by life.
mbmbmbmbmb
the expansion is gonna be worth the wait!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wojtkielewicz67 wrote:
the expansion is gonna be worth the wait!

I agree, but I also think the title of this thread is still appropriate. Will we get it before Christmas?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Lin
United States
Dublin
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
toniemn wrote:
Cheeseburger wrote:

Lautapelit.fi

Do you mean that Unrest will also be published by "Asmodee" in 2017? I know the game will be published in 2017, but will it get a US release?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toni Niittymaki
Finland
Helsinki
EU
flag msg tools
publisher
mb
Our new US parner for Nations Dice Game is Stronghold Games, and we're working on getting also Unrest available through them.
Both are being produced now, so the wait shouldn't be too long.
Thank you to everyone for their patience on this.

Lautapelit.ti
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
toniemn wrote:
Our new US parner for Nations Dice Game is Stronghold Games, and we're working on getting also Unrest available through them.
Both are being produced now, so the wait shouldn't be too long.
Thank you to everyone for their patience on this.

Lautapelit.ti
I guessed it would be Stronghold, that's great news for you guys! Seems like a really good fit. (Not that it really affects me, but, you know... )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E T
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome. I can hardly wait.... but evidently I will have to :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.