Subject: Taking Milestone Cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Wells
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some milestone cards do not instruct you to destroy the milestone card. What happens to these Milestones? Specifically, the one from game 1 that invovles exploring the highest numbered space on an island (I can't recall the name!)

Do we destroy all milestones when achieved, even if we're instructed not to?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wells101 wrote:
Do we destroy all milestones when achieved, even if we're instructed not to?

You do destroy all milestones when achieved. There are no milestones that instruct you not to destroy them. There may be milestones that omit the instruction to destroy them, which is an oversight. Like many questions, this is answered in the unofficial FAQ.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Wells
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, thanks! We actually didn't see the instruction in the book. I'll go ahead and inform my group of that.

I actually haven't seen the unofficial FAQ, do you happen to have a link handy? Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Captain's Log (Unofficial SeaFall FAQ and compilation of rules clarifications and game play information from SeaFall's developers)

Typing [seafall unofficial faq] into Google also works.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq Starforged
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
By the way, a suggestion: rather than actually destroying the milestone, simply mark it as completed (we have the player that completed it cross it off in their color). You may want to reference the entries later.

And for those who think that this is somehow a violation of the rules, I shall quote the rules:
SeaFall, p22 wrote:
Destroy: Remove the part from the game permanently (this and all future games). Rip it, burn it, shred it, or just set it aside.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Robb
United States
Calais
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Yes

I mark all completed milestones with name, game #, and date then place in separate envelope - just in case

I have trouble tearing up game cards I spent $$$$$ for

shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Pelkofer
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thomasrobb wrote:

Yes

I mark all completed milestones with name, game #, and date then place in separate envelope - just in case

shake

We just keep them in our chests.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Liddle
United States
Sandpoint
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
countertorque wrote:
thomasrobb wrote:

Yes

:shake:

We just keep them in our chests.

+1, same here; although I like the idea of marking the game, year, and round in addition to the IRL date.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.