Ogre» Forums » News

Subject: Ogre Starter Set rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
wolf90 (Drew)
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Presumably most of you reading this forum are veterans to Ogre, but you may know someone who have played Ogre with you and enjoyed it, but missed out on the ODE Kickstarter. Or perhaps you want to give a holiday gift of Ogre to someone you hope to lure into addiction enthrall with the joy of the game. For all of those individuals, we now have a Starter Bundle on our latest Kickstarter. Ogre Sixth Edition, one box of Ogre Miniatures Set 1, and a set of dice, all for $75. Check it out:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/847271320/ogre-miniatur...

D.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J White
United States
Cedar Rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Momentary exuberation... followed by disappointment. Shipping really, really kills these deals.

JJW-T.C.H.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eugen Bacic
Canada
Nepean
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jjwhite103 wrote:
Momentary exuberation... followed by disappointment. Shipping really, really kills these deals.

JJW-T.C.H.

Yeah, then if you're outside the US throw in the exchange and ... ugh. cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wolf90 (Drew)
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Shipping is tough. This has become a problem with most Kickstarters.

That being said, the deal is discounted to the point that even with the estimated shipping, it is only $9 more than retail, which doesn't include the cost of shipping from W23. So it's still a good deal . . . at least here in the States.

Shipping is definitely a bug-a-boo. No matter where you buy from.

D.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Reed
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
jjwhite103 wrote:

JJW-T.C.H.

Shipping rates are hurting a lot of people these days.

https://www.fastcompany.com/3061686/free-shipping-is-a-lie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slev Sleddeddan
United Kingdom
Victoria Park
Manchester
flag msg tools
What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?
badge
Don't you open that trapdoor!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm waiting for Ogre Minis to come into my FLGS, otherwise I'm doubling the list price to buy on Kickstarter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Carter
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Slev wrote:
I'm waiting for Ogre Minis to come into my FLGS, otherwise I'm doubling the list price to buy on Kickstarter.

How about getting your FLGS to pledge for the $90/6 box retailer package? That is what I did.

--Edit--

I just had another idea. Offer to pre-purchase from your FLGS. Maybe they will let you lock in at $30. You get $40 for $30 and no freight. The store will get 5 sets worth $200 for $60 + shipping (they get the 90 by adding your $30 in), and the Kickstarter campaign gets more $ than it would have gotten if you had pledged individually.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slev Sleddeddan
United Kingdom
Victoria Park
Manchester
flag msg tools
What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?
badge
Don't you open that trapdoor!
mbmbmbmbmb
Believe me, they already do this, and quite a lot!

That's how I got me ODE!

I only backed on Kickstarter to get the extras!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Reed
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
wolf90 wrote:
Starter Bundle on our latest Kickstarter. Ogre Sixth Edition,

And here's what is in the box:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZKgY1jhvYE&t=14s
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian C
United States
Grayslake
IL
flag msg tools
mb
PhilReed wrote:
wolf90 wrote:
Starter Bundle on our latest Kickstarter. Ogre Sixth Edition,

And here's what is in the box:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZKgY1jhvYE&t=14s

Is the orange fold-out map identical to the designer's edition? ...and will there be any way to just get extra separate map boards? Was bummed I missed the extra map packs that were available with the designer's edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wolf90 (Drew)
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, that board is identical to the one in ODE. And there are no plans to sell it separately at this time.

D.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.