Popular Tags: [View All]
Iñigo Gonzalez
Spain
Gerb
Lleida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just as the title says, they've done a Conan crossover in Mythic Battles, and it includes the winged ape, and some scenarios. Come check it out in the Mythic Battles kickstarter
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
anthony dybacz
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1676401/enter-winged-ape
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karsten Spreen
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Winged Ape really is super awesome! As is the game Mythic Battles! Check it out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Turner
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I have to buy another game (without Conan in hand yet either) to get exclusive content for the game I'm still waiting on.

Impressive sales strategy. And way to annoy the heck out of fans who maybe don't want to buy ALL your games, but are keen to collect the ONE game they have bought from you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Paul Messerly
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
Yes there are lots of strange things in this announcement. First they admit the winged ape was originally supposed to be a Conan only expansion but they decided to make it a cross over instead. They released a Conan scenario PDF in one of the latest mythic battle updates? Very few backers have backed both projects so most people seem very unhappy with the crossover. Strangest of all this set will be available at retail but without the winged ape... yet the winged ape is the main image on the cover?

They should just make the ape available at retail. It's rediculios to make a crossover miniature a Kickstarter exclusive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Paul Messerly
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
It looks like they just made the Thaug miniature from The Conan Kickstarter available as a $10 add on for Mythic Battles so those backers don't have to buy the entire Conan Kickstarter to get the one miniature they want. I hope they decide to do the same thing for us... Making the flying ape available as a add on only $10 pledge (or stand alone retail purchase) would be very classy.

If not sorefoot miniatures has a set of winged ape miniatures that will be releasing soon... None are as beefy as the mythic battles sculpt they could be a decent alternative.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iñigo Gonzalez
Spain
Gerb
Lleida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
the winged ape is a kickstarter exclusive. Don't know if it will hit retail. Sorry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Thomas
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So can you back Mythic for a buck and just choose that add-on then if you're not interested in the rest of the Mythic content?

I would have thought they'd make the buy options very clear in that update.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zachary Ruiz
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
No if you back for a buck you have to add at least a God Pledge ($99) to get access to add-ons. I messaged them on Kickstarter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Paul Messerly
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
swammeyjoe wrote:
No if you back for a buck you have to add at least a God Pledge ($99) to get access to add-ons. I messaged them on Kickstarter.

YUCK. So $150-160 for the winged ape. $99 for base pledge to get option to get $29 winged ape expansion + $20-30 for shipping! That's an expensive ape.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathieu Hatt
France
Brest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can also consider that this add-on is only for people interested in making crossovers between the two games, and is thus reserved for people who back Mythic Battle. I do not really see where is the problem. It is not like we already had a ton of free additional stuff with COnan to start with. And if you really really really want to get the ape but are not interested at all in Mythic Battle, there will surely be plenty of them available in the second hand market.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Thomas
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
swammeyjoe wrote:

Ah thanks! I guess that makes the decision easy then! A big nope from me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Taraba
United States
Lake in the Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
swammeyjoe wrote:

Maybe a Mythic Battles backer will offer to buy a stack of them and resell it to Conan backers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Jowett
Canada
Calgary
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just did the old $1 trick on the Pantheon kickstarter and then stumbled upon this thread... Time to cancel that pledge.

Shame us Conan backers can't just purchase the Conan content.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.