Hide
2 Posts

Betrayal at House on the Hill» Forums » General

Subject: Flytrap event in Expansion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Neill Thorne
msg tools
Our group had a question about the flytrap event. In my reading of the card, the person who triggers the event gains control of the flytrap. They can then attack anyone who enters that room after the haunt. In the text on the card, it states that when someones enters the room they may be attacked. The dispute we had over this was how many times they can be attacked. In my reading, as long as they stayed in the room they could be attacked on their turn. In their reading, it was only on entering the room. In other words, if they stayed in the room they could not be attacked by the flytrap again unless they left and reentered.

Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Carter
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the expansion, but according to another post, the wording of the card is (emphasis mine):
Quote:
Take 1 die of physical damage, put a Plant token in your room, and take this card. After the haunt is revealed, when any hero, traitor, or monster enters that room, you may attempt a Might 7 attack against that opponent.

If that's the case, I would agree with the people who said if they stayed in the room they could not be attacked by the flytrap again unless they left and reentered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.