Jeff Cramer
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been GeekModing reviews for the past week and I keep seeing the same review over and over. It was rejected twice already and the User contributed it yet again for approval.

I'm sure that for this contributor, it has worked in the past to wait a few days after a rejection and post it again. It will go through sometime. Has anyone seen similar activity on the Geek?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Nothing really. If it should be rejected because it is spam or a session report, you can contact an admin and see if they will review it. If it is just a pporly written review, not much you can do if the right mix of modders approve it. Could also be he is trying to tweak it based on modders comments - but I somehow doubt that
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Verbeeck
Belgium
Mol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Re: What's stopping someone from contributing rejected revie
I only saw it once with a review.

The most famous pic that got submitted countless of times was the niagara pic in real life.

Other than that I have seen a pic of a logo that was to blurry but I declined it . The second time it got approved.I do approve them now the first time around if there is no alternative pic. I like too stick with my original opinion. If i were to decline them and later approve ... well it just doesn't seem right.

I have also seen the same review submitted for three different games this week. Only a little bit of text difference.
The games are more or less the same...

I have also seen reviews approved that are much smaller than this response.

I am not a wargamer but the detailed session reports that the wargamers send in are a joy and deserve more than some reviews. I'm glad we have the option to do that.

It is not in my nature to decline reviews or sesion reports. But weeks as these makes me reconsider it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Cramer
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's too bad that there can't be a rule that states if a review is rejected once, the same user cannot submit another review for that same game.

I think reviewers would be a little more self-critical with their submissions.

Just a thought.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lajos
Japan
Hachiouji
Tokyo
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Teriyaki Donuts wrote:
It's too bad that there can't be a rule that states if a review is rejected once, the same user cannot submit another review for that same game.
That would be very bad. When I reject a review, I often explain why and whether the review can be improved and resubmitted. That would be impossible if your rule would be in effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
KrisVerbeeck wrote:
I have also seen the same review submitted for three different games this week. Only a little bit of text difference.
The games are more or less the same...
Wow, that is really pathetic indeed.

Quote:
I have also seen reviews approved that are much smaller than this response.
Yeah, I am surprised at some of the lightweight reviews.

I recently saw a "review" where the reviewer cheerfully admitted he had not actually played the game yet. It was just a (long detailed) description of opening the box, examining the pieces, putting them together, and how cool that was, and how he's looking forward to playing the game. I was rather surprised it was accepted as a review.

Quote:
It is not in my nature to decline reviews or sesion reports. But weeks as these makes me reconsider it.
I think many people feel guilty if they reject someone's review, or maybe if the writing quality seems competent they just automatically accept it even if it's not actually a review, and thus the lame reviews and pseudoreviews will always end up accepted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
Lajos wrote:
Teriyaki Donuts wrote:
That would be very bad. When I reject a review, I often explain why and whether the review can be improved and resubmitted. That would be impossible if your rule would be in effect.
How about a one week or one month "time-out"? A user who believed in his review would resubmit it after the time-out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Greensboro
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KrisVerbeeck wrote:

I am not a wargamer but the detailed session reports that the wargamers send in are a joy and deserve more than some reviews. I'm glad we have the option to do that.

Yay! Nice to know that we're appreciated/known for good session reports.

With respect to modding, I think I have higher standards than the community at large, for often written material which I vote against is approved.

I also wish that we had the ability to give "thumbs down" or vote for the removal of items after they have been posted. Sometimes images are rendered obsolete by the inclusion of new, better images. For instance, a user might submit a photograph of a game's countersheet. That's nice, if there had been no image of the counters previously. But if then someone submits a scan of a countersheet, then the photo might as well be removed, since scans are infinitely more useful and better. (Countersheet scans are Very Important to wargamers!)

Sorry for going off-topic here. Got carried away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Cramer
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tall_Walt wrote:
Lajos wrote:
Teriyaki Donuts wrote:
How about a one week or one month "time-out"? A user who believed in his review would resubmit it after the time-out.

That sounds fair to me. I've been seeing many good reviews that deserve the 3+ GG. Some even have photos included and are very informative. It really bugs me that a brief paragraph review is quickly accepted for the same reward and lumped into the same Review subheading for a game.

Thanks to everyone for the good input!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls