Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Duane Fields
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
We played our first game the other day, and one of the strategies that the POWs came up with was to temporarily trade ALL of our equipment cards to whichever escape officer was least likely to be exposed to arrest for walking around with escape equipment in the inner courtyard. Typically, this meant handing ALL of the escape equipment to a single escape officer whose pawns were "safe" in rooms or on the Appel, just before the German player's turn, giving them no-one to arrest in the inner courtyard.

Is this legal? Can you only trade on your turn. The rules seem to indicate you can trade whenever. Likewise, if I'm outside the castle on my turn and need wire cutters, I assume I am free to ask whomever is holding the equipment to hand them to me, which seems a little unthematic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustavo Jornet
Spain
Valencia
Comunidad Valenciana
flag msg tools
The sword is the mind. If the mind is right, the sword is right.
mb
Hello

When I played this game (years ago) we did that: anyone could give you a tool when you needed it.

Regards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is a terrific strategy. It works even better if you are playing the cooperative option.

It comes in REALLY handy if you cannot roll high enough to get to a "safe place". It could get really interesting if you are playing competitively!devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filip Falk Hartelius
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmb
You can trade as long as it's not the Security Officer's turn.
It's absolutely legal, but can definitely be taken advantage of by the holding Escape Officer at an opportune time by refusing to return any equipment!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Rees
United Kingdom
Liss Forest
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That makes things very difficult for the Security Officer if the POW players get their act togther and start swapping. What is quite interesting is when trust breaks down because you have a POW player or two who just need one more escapee to win the game solo. ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Bywater
United Kingdom
Sale
Cheshire
flag msg tools
You can "trade" and in the Quick Reference section it also says "exchange" equipment cards. Both those terms, to me, mean that if you give a card away you have to take another one back from the player you are "trading/exchanging" with.

These terms don't mean you can just give all your cards to whoever you want.

That's as I see it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AMOS BURKE
United Kingdom
WALSALL
WEST MIDLANDS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played the new rules and found them not as good as the old rules

Equipment Cards in the old rules - 48
The bartering or exchange of cards is permitted between Escape Officers at any time.

Bartering or exchange not gift

Amos

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.