$5.00
$20.00
Eric Portney
United States
Bremerton
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like my old college buddies are getting together for a game night this Thanksgiving weekend!

...in New Jersey. While I'm out in Washington state.

Does anyone have an recommendations for games that can be played well with one player (me) Skyping in to a play session, while the rest of the players play the physical game?

I'm not looking for recommendations for things like BGA, BaJ, Yucata, Tabletop Simulator, etc. I will be the only one who would be playing remotely.

We've already talked about a few games with low hidden information, co-ops, and various party games (e.g. Codenames). But I'd love to hear what recommendations the BGG community has.

Help me make my virtual reunion with old buddies a success!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Clarke
Australia
Kaleen
ACT
flag msg tools
www.unhalfbricking.com
badge
EuroGamer since 1980, & online games retailer since 2003
mbmbmbmbmb
It is usually necessary for you to have a copy of the game at each end of the link.

Ticket To Ride: You put all cards face up. As your cards are drawn, they are shown to the camera (only - so ensure the self-image is turned off) & placed in a row - face up for you & face down for them. When you need 3 reds, you call "4, 7 & 12 from TownA to TownB" & they should find they are 3 reds too. Same system for tickets

Age of Steam: Straight forward with verbal communication about EVERYTHING. So you might say "Red is building from NE of Town A to N of newt hex, then to NE then SE to join TownB." Cameras can be used to clarify builds. Beware, some cameras reverse the image!

K2: Fairly straightforward, providing you keep track on your copy of the board.

I have played these multiple times Australia to China and Australia to Middle East.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Portney
United States
Bremerton
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good suggestions. Thank you!

TTR might work well with that system. I could also ask them to put the tickets in a card holder rack, like, say, from a 10 Days in the USA game, facing my camera. That way I wouldn't even need to set up the game on my end.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.