Evolution: Climate» Forums » General

Subject: Fitting Evolution: Climate into the Conversion Kit Box rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John S
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I love games that fit well into the boxes they come in. I love it when all the space is used efficiently and everything can be packaged into a perfectly-fitting box.

One of the things that frustrated me the most about the original Evolution game was the massive amount of wasted space in the box. I do get the rationale: that way, with added expansions, you would ideally still be able to fit everything in that big ol' box. But I wanted a smaller box. I craved space-efficiency. I yearned for it. Ached for it. So much so that I considered buying Evolution: the Beginning just so I could have an Evolution-themed box that would have more efficiently fit the base Evolution game than the base Evolution box.

Then, I saw the Climate Conversion Kit box. When I saw the size of that box, I knew that, soon, space-efficiency would be mine.

So I preordered. And I waited. And I played Evolution despite its massive box size. And when the Conversion Kit arrived, I filled every inch of that box with sweet, perfect-fitting game components.

Without further ado, pictures. To satisfy your space-efficient cravings. GIF at https://giphy.com/gifs/oqD7QGQPVcqs0

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
North Star Games designs party games that don't suck! Play them with your non-gamer friends over the holidays.
badge
First there was Hearts, then there was Spades, and now we bring you Clubs. The suit of clubs finally gets some respect!
mbmbmbmbmb
I would not have believed it if i had not seen it with my own two eyes. Thanks for the pictures!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
Please let me know how I can help you.
mbmbmbmbmb
That is very cool. Now you make me want to try it.

Does anyone have a Climate Conversion Kit box that they no longer want or are planning to throw away? I purchased the full Climate, but I would love to have a travel box that I could use to carry to game days compactly, while not damaging my original box from carrying it around. (I have a travel game cart that space is limited.) I would be happy to pay shipping if someone out there no longer needs the conversion box (i.e. without the contents)! (Message me!)

I got my extra box. Thank you!

Sterling
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
Once I figure out a good way to put everything into my base game box, I'll have a spare climate conversion box (and flight box, for that matter).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frock Lobster
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Brilliant! I would also love to take someone's climate conversion box off their hands, and would pay shipping to do so. I was just grumping about the box size of Climate the other day and have been considering making my own custom box. But this would save a ton of time...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jae
United States
Bryan
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
and then you buy flight...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
Please let me know how I can help you.
mbmbmbmbmb
Bagherra wrote:
I am not sure I follow. I have Evolution and Flight in the base Evolution box. Climate is not to be played with Flight, so I wanted a smaller box for just Climate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jae
United States
Bryan
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Solamar wrote:
Bagherra wrote:
I am not sure I follow. I have Evolution and Flight in the base Evolution box. Climate is not to be played with Flight, so I wanted a smaller box for just Climate.

I didn't know flight was incompatible with climate
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Midnight Reaper
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Let Him Beware!
mbmbmbmbmb
Bagherra wrote:
I didn't know flight was incompatible with climate

Flight is ... semi-compatible with Climate. There's about a dozen threads covering this in more detail. The TL;DR of it is: The designer of the two expansions for Evolution has stated that if you would like to mix them, just add the Cliff, the Flight Trait, and the Avian Species boards into Climate. He asks that you refrain from adding in the traits from the Flight Expansion into Climate.

-M_R
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Nicosia
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
SMASH!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow.. this is awesome. I just got Evolution Climate, and the box has to be the biggest waste of space in my whole collection.. SO bloody huge. So much air.

If anyone has a spare conversion kit box they're willing to part with please let me know. thumbsupthumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Emmett
Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
Win it or bin it
badge
Win it or bin it
mbmbmbmbmb
Craaaaaaaap. I feel like zenpunk's avatar right now.

I normally hold on to expansion boxes, for no reason. I have a few sitting empty in a closet. With the Conversion Kit, I thought, "This is silly, I'm not going to hold on to this box too, for no reason whatsoever", and I broke it down and threw it in the recycling bin.

Craaaaaaaap.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.