Oh My Goods!: Longsdale in Aufruhr» Forums » Rules

Subject: After building rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nikolaas Storme
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
On some of the event cards it says "after building you may use all of your production chains. Card 11.
Does this mean I have to build a card to be able to use all the production chains? Or is it more like after the "building phase" you can activate chains even if you didn't build anything.

Another building question, in the expansion rules it says "instead of building the building you chose in phase 2, you may build a building from the display"
Does this mean I have to reserve a card in phase 2 (as if I was going to build that card) if I know that I want to build a card from the display and then discarding the reserved card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Pfister
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
a) After building phase is correct. You don't need to build to get this benefit.

b) No, you don't have to choose a building in order to build one from the display.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My understanding is that 'after building' should read 'after the building phase' (regardless of whether you actually built something or not).
This would allow you to use any newly purchased buildings production chain.

There is also an event that says "immediately use any buildings production chains..." and that would trigger before the building phase so it would not apply to newly built buildings later in the round.

edit: Ninja'd by the designer. Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.