Popular Tags: [View All]
Spyridon Mpakas
Greece
Athens
Attiki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
hi guys,
the Act 1a card on its back reads "Discard each enemy in the study"...Does this includes enemies in the threat areas of heroes while they are in the study, meaning enemies engaged with heroes while they are in the study? Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew McFarland
United States
Floresville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't remember the order of the resolutions off the top of my head, but if the investigators are still in the study when that line resolves (i.e. they haven't fallen through to the hallway yet), then yes, they would be discarded even if engaged. I believe the investigators move first, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
varagghoul wrote:
hi guys,
the Act 1a card on its back reads "Discard each enemy in the study"...Does this includes enemies in the threat areas of heroes while they are in the study, meaning enemies engaged with heroes while they are in the study? Thanks

No. When you complete the act it tells you to put all the characters in the hall so any enemies engaged with them are technically in the hall. The only enemies left in the study are ones that were evaded.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
The discard enemies line is before the put investigators in the hallway line though, so I think engaged enemies should get axed too.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Put into play the set-aside Hallway, Cellar, Attic, and Parlor.

Discard each enemy in the Study.

Place each investigator in the Hallway.

Remove the Study from the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Perkins

Vacaville
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Weltenreiter wrote:
The discard enemies line is before the put investigators in the hallway line though, so I think engaged enemies should get axed too.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Put into play the set-aside Hallway, Cellar, Attic, and Parlor.

Discard each enemy in the Study.

Place each investigator in the Hallway.

Remove the Study from the game.

Yeah, that was our reading, as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradford Lounsberry
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is correct. Engaged enemies are considered to be in the location of the investigator they are engaged with so they are discarded.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Kløve
Denmark
Hillerød
flag msg tools
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, there is a difference between an investigator moving - which would cause enemies engaged to move with them - and an investigator being placed somewhere. I don't have the rules with me, but I am pretty sure, the latter scenario is not covered in the rules, since it is scenario specific. I hope FFG remembers to include instructions for enemies in similar cases, but if not, the Grim Rule applied, and the enemies are placed in the same location as the investigator. goo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Dockery
msg tools
mb
All effects that move Investigators away from enemies have you disengage from them first. The enemy cards are physically in the threat area, so they remain in the threat area until something (ie disengagement) moves them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.