Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
R B
United States
Stevens Point
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mb
I've seen people talk about this, but I'm curious how many, if any, are actually using the DDAT CC rules? I like the way DDAP plays, but I really don't like how disruption works for CC in DDAP. In my opinion it makes more sense for disruption to affect the Japanese in the same way it affects the US. Thematically it makes sense too, since it takes a disrupted unit longer to respond. When I play DDAT it felt more realistic to barrage a unit to disrupt them (hopefully), so I could get the first attack in CC. Its kind of warfare101. In my experiences with DDAP,too many times the first card the Japanese pull just destroys any chance for the Marines.

Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael J
United States
Folsom
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure the designer had reasons for the differences in CC between the two games, but I don't see why you couldn't try either set of rules; the game would play about the same, either way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.