Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Stimpson
United States
Westminster
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have Leicester with 6 units besieging French-held Edinburgh. The nasty French play Untimely Death on him. That leaves an oversized formation in the Edinburgh space - what happens? Do I carry out the assault with 4 units - and if so, do the others just hang around until I can move them or get another leader there?

Bonus question: since Scotland is a 'possible ally' of England (until the next referendum, that is), England can't declare war on Scotland. But what is happening here is that the English are attacking a French-controlled area, not Scotland. And the wording of the rule, IIRC, refers to control of areas, not nationalities. Am I right?

(The same goes for, eg, HRE attacking the Netherlands. Presumably, if the area they are entering is still a Spanish home space, HRE is not attacking the Dutch, with whom they might even have an alliance).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Gill
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. The six units remain in siege, but only four can assault at a time without a leader.

2. If you are at War with France and France is allied with Scotland, you can enter Scottish spaces and even take control of them (they picked the wrong friends).

3. If HRE is at war with the Prots they can enter Prot controlled spaces. Control matters and not home space distinction. HRE would have to be allied with Spain to enter spaces Spain controls (or at war, which is more fun)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.