Subject: A forum/place to find OOOOLD games rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got a friend looking for a copy of A.D.T. Messenger Boy There's nothing here though, and considering how old it is I am not surprised. Does anyone know where aside from ebay one might find it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wood
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's Noble Knight, which does a business with older games.

You might also find out if the two owners here on BGG are interested in selling or trading.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Sauberer
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You could try contacting Bruce Whitehill. I haven't seen much about him for a while but he was a preeminent game historian and might have an idea of where you could find it.

http://thebiggamehunter.com/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Dillenbeck
United States
Deerfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmb
In this case, you're probably dealing more with antique dealers and not board gamers (who tend to be involved in games of the mid 20th century and later).

Using the Google search engine I found this listing which includes:

- BGG's listing
- Two game museum listings (which may be "online catalogs" more than physical museums)
- An auction listing of a framed copy that ended on May 2011
...and so on.

I also found a copy listed on ebay of a game called District Messenger Boy which is similar and from the same era, but not the game you are looking for.

TL;DR - I think this is outside the realm of used/OOP game stores and even the "hardcore" collectors and more in the realm of the specialty/antique auction house.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.