Hide
3 Posts

Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: HoB: Dead or Drowning rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Searle
msg tools
A request for a couple rule interpretations.

Quote:
Refugees block movement and line of sight. Heroes treat refugees as friendly figures, and at the end of each overlord turn, the heroes may move each refugee up to 3 spaces. However, a refugee on a tile with 1 or more monsters cannot move.

1. Can heroes move through refugees? My guess is they can, as they are treated as friendly figures.

2. If a refugee blocks movement, how would it get a monster on it which would prevent movement? Is this in the event that a monster spawns on it, because movement blocking would prevent it from moving on top, correct?

3. Similar to #2, can a large monster expand on top of something that blocks movement? As in, move adjacent to the refugee, and then expand on top of them. My guess would be no, as something that blocked movement would block expansion, no?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Yes, but they cannot end their movement in a refugee space.

2) Tile =/= space. "Tile" is a whole piece of map, such as "10B" or "28A".

3) No, it cannot. Large monsters can only expand into empty spaces.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Searle
msg tools
Thanks for the clarification.

I wasn't even considering the time vs space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.