5 Posts

Mythic Battles: Pantheon» Forums » General

Subject: Crowdsourcing QA? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It seems the Conan kickstarter had a lot of problems with the rulebook. Anyone know if Monolith will do some outsourced qa for backers, showing off the rulebook and other game components so we can find any errors before the materials are printed? This game is so expensive I really want to minimize any chance of errata or misprints.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustavo Sanchez
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Seems like a no-brainer, I'm surprised they didn't do it for Conan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Clapperton
United Kingdom
Hebburn
Tyne & Wear
flag msg tools
mbmb
Yep, that's planned.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benoit VOGT
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
designer
mb
HarryCanyon wrote:
It seems the Conan kickstarter had a lot of problems with the rulebook. Anyone know if Monolith will do some outsourced qa for backers, showing off the rulebook and other game components so we can find any errors before the materials are printed? This game is so expensive I really want to minimize any chance of errata or misprints.

We will release the rules of MBP pretty soon.

We are aware about Conan's issue on this matter. We really do not want to repeat the same mistake and we benefit from the experience of Monolith with Conan to achieve this.

We put a lot of efforts and time to present some proper rules. We also benefit from the input of Jake Thornton (Voice of the Olympus) on the rules to make them as clear and exhaustive as possible. We will also listen to the feedbacks from the backers and we will take them into account. Having the best rule possible is a top priority for us.

I do not know if you watched Barry Doublet' s reviews videos of MBP.

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/video/117483/mythic-battles-pa...

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/video/117396/mythic-battles-pa...

Barry says that the alpha version of the rules we gave him was very clear and understandable. All what he needed to play was there. And I can tell you that the rules were significantly improved since this version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for the reply Benoit! Can't wait to play this.

I haven't seen those videos. I will take a look.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.