Subject: Single page fiddle rules reference rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joshua K.
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After playing this game and botching the rules completely throughout it became a big sloppy unbalanced mess of a game and the rule books continued to fail me repeately and my friends were laughing at me and resorted to playing youtube tutorials in bad accents to taunt me.

So I just made this single page reference guide. Can anyone do me a favor and look it over and tell me if it accurate? I use a lot of short hand and skipped over SOME things intentionally. This is mostly about all those damn important numbers and little rules you always forget or mix up. Like I mixed up the Dominate order with the Strategize order in terms of placing the token on the event deck, among myraids of other things too ridiclous to talk about here. (like persistant combat tokens, restreating units that don't rout, counter-attack and win, gaining assests during refresh, and other drugs)

Thanks.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/13tpDw8XWzdwQOGyD6xlmKWGf...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Tan
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Joshua,

Don't get discouraged! A rules heavy game like FS will surely get many rules mistakes during the first play. Anyways, I've scrolled trough your document and there are a few things I want to add on :

Add this note under the strategize command :
Forge assets CANNOT be used to downgrade card purchase requirements. Forge assets are only used to fulfill/downgrade requirements on a plastic army unit.

and this under Advance 2 :
...Units exceeding the number of skulls (unit capacity) are destroyed after combat ends (or after order, if somehow there isn't any combat).

Combat :
3. Optional: Use reinforcement tokens. Max reinforcement tokens is the number of plastic units you have, bastions don't count.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua K.
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Peter,

Your first note is total fringe gamer shenanigans. LOL I love! But well acknowledged. "I'm upgrading my stuff, time to use my forge token to buy beyond my means"...NOT! I never could imagined. Good catch!

Your second catch is also so good, I didn't know this.

Thanks again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Genestealer Patriarch
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Joshua

3 player gameboard is 3 x 3
Deploy - also build ships in friendly or empty voids.
Gears (cache tokens) can't be used to buy cards.
"Combat immediately ends if all units on one side are destroyed." Only at the end of an execution round, not in the middle of card play, so you can still hurt the enemy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua K.
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, Cache tokens and forge tokens are for units only. Fixed!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remy MARCEL
France
REAUMONT
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
not exactly. Cache tokens may also be used to build structure.

btw you can not use more than 1 cache token per unit/structure you want to build

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.