2 issues/questions here:
First, there seems to be a discrepancy with his Leader of the Dead ability. His card says the ability gets ignored if 1 (or more) hero areas are cleared of undead enemies. The quest guide says it gets ignored when there are no undead enemies in play. "Traditionally" we had a blanket "card over book" rule of thumb to handle vanilla Mistfall discrepancies like this, but I think both versions might have have problems:
- He himself is an undead enemy, so if all undead need to be removed as per book, his ability will never be shut down and the whole ignore clause is pointless.
- I might be biased because I play exclusively 4 hero, but clearing 1 hero area as per card seems like a really really easy way to shut his ability down. (even given his large amount of minions)
- On the third hand, his stats do get significantly weaker on the flipside and the flip removes his nasty breath weapon, this might be indicative of "1 hero area cleared" being correct - despite Breath of Unlife going online, him flipping is mostly a benefit and shutting the flip ability down is thus bad, so if we get rid of his minions too aggressively (to protect squishy party members and get mobility range bonus to hit the big bad), we get denied these benefits.
My speculation: Card correct. Avoids ignore condition being pointless, is much more interesting due to tradeoff between breathing room from minions and weaker boss.
The second point is his flipside Breath of Unlife ability. This does says it gets ignored only if there are no undead in play on both card and quest guide, and it heals all undead in all Hero areas.
Would he heal himself if he is in a hero area? Given that it's a breath, that seems kinda unthematic.
Also, same issue as above with the book-based reading of the Leader ability, the ignore condition is completely moot because he himself is always in play.
My Speculation: I don't know. Maybe it should say "other undead" in the condition, the heal targets, or both? Might make more sense mechanically (ignore condition not pointless) and thematically (breathing on himself too comical)
- Last edited Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:18 pm (Total Number of Edits: 1)
- Posted Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:26 am