$30.00
Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
30 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: CNN: President Elect Trump reversing position on Climate change... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/22/politics/donald-trump-climate-...

Still waiting to see what his actions are.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
casey r lowe
United States
butte
Montana
flag msg tools
mb
slow clap for the president-elect establishing "some connectivity" to reality
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
casey r lowe
United States
butte
Montana
flag msg tools
mb
maxo-texas wrote:
Still waiting to see what his actions are.

fortunately some of his golf courses are at sea level
16 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
casey r lowe
United States
butte
Montana
flag msg tools
mb
ImaSokpupet wrote:
that humans are the majority cause, which is completely unsupported by current evidence

25 
 Thumb up
0.35
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walking on eggshells is not my style
United States
North Pole
Alaska
flag msg tools
Polling is a science too.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Hague
United Kingdom
Bristol
Bristol
flag msg tools
RAWKET LAWNCHA!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
ImaSokpupet wrote:
As long as he doesn't agree with the IPCC which claim that humans are the majority cause, which is completely unsupported by current evidence, then I don't see an issue.


Your use of the words 'completely and 'unsupported' appears to be wildly at variance with the rest of the planet.
14 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/22/politics/donald-trump-climate-...

Still waiting to see what his actions are.


Since one of his action is to put a climate change denier in charge of his campaign's EPA transition team, his words seem so be that, just words

http://www.snopes.com/trump-taps-outspoken-climate-denier-to...
10 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
casey r lowe
United States
butte
Montana
flag msg tools
mb
ImaSokpupet wrote:
Kumitedad wrote:
maxo-texas wrote:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/22/politics/donald-trump-climate-...

Still waiting to see what his actions are.


Since one of his action is to put a climate change denier in charge of his campaign's EPA transition team, his words seem so be that, just words

http://www.snopes.com/trump-taps-outspoken-climate-denier-to...


Quote:
There has been a little bit of warming," as he puts it, "but it's been very modest and well within the range for natural variability,

why would you need a sock puppet account if all you do is witlessly regurgitate right-wing talking points~
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
single sentences wrote:
why would you need a sock puppet account if all you do is witlessly regurgitate right-wing talking points~
She's really one of Obama's daughters.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGK
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Trump didn't change his position. He did what he always does whenever anybody asks him a question and he's not sure what they want to hear: he hedged and gave a non-answer.

The appointment of Myron Ebell and one of his advisors saying that he plans to eliminate NASA's earth science research is really all you need to know.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Hopkins
United States
Converse
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hyperbolus wrote:
The retards on CNN were attacking Trump for being a flip-flopper this morning. Smart people should be able to be swayed by evidence. People should never mock someone for listening to reason. I hate CNN.


There's a big difference between being convinced to change your position and saying whatever you think will make people like you because you have no core convictions.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chengkai Yang
United States
Cupertino
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe he's just trying to appear reasonable by all these concessions. It's a bit Machiavellian but this could just be setting it up to show that he can be reasoned with on various issues and he's not a curmudgeon. =/. I'd wait to see his actual actions though, talk is cheap.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
Shaman
mbmbmb
draxx01 wrote:
Maybe he's just trying to appear reasonable by all these concessions. It's a bit Machiavellian but this could just be setting it up to show that he can be reasoned with on various issues and he's not a curmudgeon. =/. I'd wait to see his actual actions though, talk is cheap.


I don't know what his actual positions, but I'm definitely in the 'he never really believed that and was just saying what he had to to get votes' camp.
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
utoption2 wrote:
I am going to come out of the Climate change closet.

I hope that Trump's third action after rolling back Obama's Exec orders and canceling TPP will be shitcan the Kyoto protocol.

That would make me very happy.

Carry on.

Please feel to make fun of me.

You're a Shorthorn fan. It's cruel to mock the short bus-helmet wearing crowd.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chengkai Yang
United States
Cupertino
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
windsagio wrote:
draxx01 wrote:
Maybe he's just trying to appear reasonable by all these concessions. It's a bit Machiavellian but this could just be setting it up to show that he can be reasoned with on various issues and he's not a curmudgeon. =/. I'd wait to see his actual actions though, talk is cheap.


I don't know what his actual positions, but I'm definitely in the 'he never really believed that and was just saying what he had to to get votes' camp.


Probably the best mindset, I'd probably just live under a rock and treat everything as noise until actions start occurring. We're still in that posturing phase.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
casey r lowe
United States
butte
Montana
flag msg tools
mb
utoption2 wrote:
I am going to come out of the Climate change closet.

I hope that Trump's third action after rolling back Obama's Exec orders and canceling TPP will be shitcan the Kyoto protocol.

That would make me very happy.

Carry on.

Please feel to make fun of me.

i dont make fun of people who lack the cognitive capacity to understand how and why anthropogenic global warming is happening (or are easily misled by the denialism) - it makes me sad if they have children too
10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Leighton
England
Peterborough
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chopkins828 wrote:
hyperbolus wrote:
The retards on CNN were attacking Trump for being a flip-flopper this morning. Smart people should be able to be swayed by evidence. People should never mock someone for listening to reason. I hate CNN.


There's a big difference between being convinced to change your position and saying whatever you think will make people like you because you have no core convictions.


Quite right. After all Trump once signed (with other business leaders) an advert calling for the US to lead the world at the climate talks in Copenhagen.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/06/09/in...

Was he being an opportunist then? During the election campaign? Or now that he is president-elect? My guess is all three.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Dienz
United States
Shelburne
Vermont
flag msg tools
utoption2 wrote:
single sentences wrote:
utoption2 wrote:
I am going to come out of the Climate change closet.

I hope that Trump's third action after rolling back Obama's Exec orders and canceling TPP will be shitcan the Kyoto protocol.

That would make me very happy.

Carry on.

Please feel to make fun of me.

i dont make fun of people who lack the cognitive capacity to understand how and why anthropogenic global warming is happening (or are easily misled by the denialism) - it makes me sad if they have children too


Ok, you're the first one to pile on. Keep 'em coming.

Here's some more kindling for the fire--I am really supporting of fossil fuels and, in particular, fracking. Drill baby Drill.

Also, I am really big fan of cars with Yugggggee engines.

That's funny. Would you be also supportive of burning piles of money?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
casey r lowe
United States
butte
Montana
flag msg tools
mb
utoption2 wrote:
Drill baby Drill.

Also, I am really big fan of cars with Yugggggee engines.

i think you may be compensating for something
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
non sequitur
United States
Elk Point
South Dakota (SD)
flag msg tools
Mandelbrot/Simurgh hybrid etc etc
badge
I made both of these fractals, hurray!
mbmbmbmbmb
utoption2 wrote:
single sentences wrote:
utoption2 wrote:
I am going to come out of the Climate change closet.

I hope that Trump's third action after rolling back Obama's Exec orders and canceling TPP will be shitcan the Kyoto protocol.

That would make me very happy.

Carry on.

Please feel to make fun of me.

i dont make fun of people who lack the cognitive capacity to understand how and why anthropogenic global warming is happening (or are easily misled by the denialism) - it makes me sad if they have children too


Ok, you're the first one to pile on. Keep 'em coming.

Here's some more kindling for the fire--I am really supporting of fossil fuels and, in particular, fracking. Drill baby Drill.


Same, reducing our foreign interdependence on energy will do a lot for our stability.

...Except ACC is real.

You don't have to deny it's occurring to disagree w/ the proposed solutions!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
In memorium. Bob Hoover died 25 Oct 2016 at 94. In WWII he was shot down in a Spitfire and stole an FW-190 to escape. He spent decades at air shows flying Ole Yeller, shown
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
windsagio wrote:
draxx01 wrote:
Maybe he's just trying to appear reasonable by all these concessions. It's a bit Machiavellian but this could just be setting it up to show that he can be reasoned with on various issues and he's not a curmudgeon. =/. I'd wait to see his actual actions though, talk is cheap.

I don't know what his actual positions, but I'm definitely in the 'he never really believed that and was just saying what he had to to get votes' camp.

Trump has taken a lot of different positions over the years. Even over the last year. He may be occasionally foolish, but he's not stupid. My expectation is that he's at least partially taking positions now to defuse "faithless" electors in the Electoral College.

I don't think we'll see "Trump unleashed" until the inauguration is over.

Considering a lot of the House Republicans would actually prefer Pence, I think a deal with Democrats is possible: Trump agrees to some set of policies in return for the Democrats stopping any impeachment.

Otherwise, Trump's shifting positions and and some new scandal--or even just a re-run of old scandals--could drop his approval to the point where Congress can impeach him without upsetting the base, and get Pence and the VP of their choice.
3 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.