Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does the Deputy/Hitler move if one Conspirator is in their space and the other is in jail. I've played that jail is "off the map" and they would stay put.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Dudgeon
United Kingdom
Stewarton, Scotland
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would agree with your interpretation. I also had the same view of the railway station; it seems to be a "safe area" and different to other areas in scale and purpose and would never move Hitler/Deputy there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1austria wrote:
I would agree with your interpretation. I also had the same view of the railway station; it seems to be a "safe area" and different to other areas in scale and purpose and would never move Hitler/Deputy there.

Don't know why you assume that the Train Station is a "safe" place and they don't move there...

I understand and agree with the reasoning for the Jail but for the Train station I don't understand why Hitler and the Deputies won't go there

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip duBarry
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Train Station is not off-limits to deputies like the Jail is. Also, if you are in the same space as the deputy, you are automatically the closest and it does not move. Conspirators in Jail can never be the closest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Philip - do you mean that same space counts in my situation or in all cases in general? I thought I read that they MUST move away and that, normally, being in the same space doesn't count.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Bernard
United States
Fairview
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Rules P. 7: "For purposes of resolving 'nearest', conspirators currently in the space of the moving enemy are ignored."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Right. Ok, that's what I thought.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip duBarry
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, you guys are right. I'll get it together one of these days!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Dudgeon
United Kingdom
Stewarton, Scotland
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I always thought of the train station as a transitory location and in my mind I never imagined the deputies and Hitler hanging about a train station. But thanks for the clarification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
François Mahieu
Belgium
Rhode-Saint-Genèse
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1austria wrote:
I always thought of the train station as a transitory location and in my mind I never imagined the deputies and Hitler hanging about a train station. But thanks for the clarification.

What clarification? yuk

I still don't get it. Does Hitler (first time in my whole life I write "Hitler" in a forum) HAS to move or not?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If Hitler or his Deputies have to move to nearest in a 2p game, and one player is in jail and the other is in their space, they do NOT move.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.