$15.00
$20.00
$5.00
$30.00
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Australia » QLD (Brisbane)

Subject: Buying boardgames internationally rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stuart
Australia
Wongawallan
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi folks. I've been looking into purchasing a game called Evolution: The Beginning and am having trouble actually finding somewhere online that will ship it to Australia. Amazon won't, Target won't, and although there are 2 listed on eBay they seem very overpriced. I'm assuming this has something to do with the US Target having an exclusive on it, but I just thought I'd see if there is a website/service/method that gamers in Australia normally use in this kind of situation that I'm unaware of?

Thanks for your help!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John T
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Boardgamesearch.com.au

Edit: my bad. I thought you were looking for a board game store search site. My only advice is to use a mail forwarding service.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Crosby
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
The real XB
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Stuart. I see 4 options for you:

1. There's a copy in the GeekMarket from Europe which will send worldwide and shipping, in that listing is noted as 18.99EUR

2. Use a service like ShopMate to on-forward your game (assuming you buy it in USA). ShopMate is NOT cheap - you should expect to pay at least $40 but probably $60 (or even more depending on weight and size of the packaged game). It's a service I have used before and they are fairly quick and efficient, but the cost makes it an absolute last resort. If you use them before the end of the year there's a 15% discount promo.

3. Find a friend/geekbuddy/relative/someone who will accept your game and on-send it to you via USPS/UPS etc

4. Wait till it comes out in Aus - you could email a few of the larger OLGS's and see if they are planning on getting it in or whether they could get a copy in for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Becker
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Or contact the buying team at Ozgameshop to see if they can source it in Europe for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart
Australia
Wongawallan
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
XB_XB wrote:
Hey Stuart. I see 4 options for you:

1. There's a copy in the GeekMarket from Europe which will send worldwide and shipping, in that listing is noted as 18.99EUR

2. Use a service like ShopMate to on-forward your game (assuming you buy it in USA). ShopMate is NOT cheap - you should expect to pay at least $40 but probably $60 (or even more depending on weight and size of the packaged game). It's a service I have used before and they are fairly quick and efficient, but the cost makes it an absolute last resort. If you use them before the end of the year there's a 15% discount promo.

3. Find a friend/geekbuddy/relative/someone who will accept your game and on-send it to you via USPS/UPS etc

4. Wait till it comes out in Aus - you could email a few of the larger OLGS's and see if they are planning on getting it in or whether they could get a copy in for you.

Yeah, I looked into Shopmate, but is quite expensive as you said. And that copy in the Geekmarket is expensive too (24.99 euros + 18.99 shipping). All good. I think I'll email a few OLGS's like you suggest, keep an eye on ebay, and otherwise bide my time. Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart
Australia
Wongawallan
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
throttle wrote:
Or contact the buying team at Ozgameshop to see if they can source it in Europe for you.

Cheers. Might do that now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.