Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ian Lim
Philippines
Iloilo
Oton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
in a 2 player game, how about we put a neutral tokens that serves as blockers (those 3 other tokens will be the neutral players) during game? so when you go to a location that is occupied by the neutral token you need to pay(discard) a card then that token transfers to a random location (roll d6 if only have 6 locations, d8 if 8 locations etc)
just like 2 player in Istanbul.

i taught of this variant because i think in a 2 player game there are lots of room to grab a better location. and i think it will be more competitive if we put those blockers to stall players and think more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael W.
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I think this idea is okay but maybe too random for some of you.
First I have to say that I don't own the game yet. But after reading the rules and watching some gameplay videos I thought about something like this mechanic of The Gallerist for better 2player gameplay:

Every player needs 1 (or maybe 2) tokens in his color. On your very first turn you place as usual your meeple (that cames with the game) on a location card. On your second turn you have to leave one of your tokens on the location card and place your meeple on a new location card. If you place your meeple on a card with a meeple or a token of another player you have to pay him one fruit card. The other player gets his token back from this location card you placed your meeple. If you land on a card with your token you have to discard one fruit card.

This is only an idea and I doesn't know if this works. But maybe someone who owns FF can try this out or make a better variant out of idea. Would be nice if someone can report back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Achim Zien
Germany
Oldenburg
flag msg tools
designer
There's a theory: if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There's another theory: this has already happened.
mbmbmbmbmb
dchamp wrote:
so when you go to a location that is occupied by the neutral token you need to pay(discard) a card then that token transfers to a random location (roll d6 if only have 6 locations, d8 if 8 locations etc) location of the paying player's choice

I'd much rather prefer that the paying player gets to pick the location. More strategy, no fiddliness with varying numbers of locations and odd-shaped dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
Malta
Marsalforn
Gozo, Malta
flag msg tools
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
i would go with the migrating blocker system from dungeon petz. after each player goes, dummy marker(s) moves to next highest valued space. if there isn't a higher valued space, jump to the lowest and start climbing again.

It has no effect other than making players have to pay more to activate cards, so you get nice tightening of the board, and some extra planning to make as you can predict what the dummy will block down the road effectively.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
patrick mullen
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the idea of leaving a blocker behind when you move. You effectively take each spot out for 2 moves instead of just one. However, when I played with my friend we played with no variant and just didn't find the lack of blocking moves to be a problem in the game. The head to head competition comes about in different ways - through the interplay of the actions. And the most valuable actions we DID often find had been blocked. We only played through card 14 or 15, but usually there were 1 or 2 cards that we wanted to go to much more often than any other.

The whole game we were laughing at each other's pain, and groaning when on the receiving end.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.