Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Antonio Tang
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How is the quality of writing compared to Sherlock Holmes: Consulting Detective? The thing I enjoyed most about SHCD is its immersiveness -- the writing really takes you to another time and place (albeit with typos and all).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Hughes
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say the writing is pretty good. The descriptions are evocative and appropriately moody for a Lovecraft themed game. The characters speak with varied diction and voice, making them distinct from one another and recognizable when they reappear across cases. (Pasquale Fenton, the occultist, is a personal favorite. I always read his lines as Doctor Orpheus from the Venture Bros.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Holttum
United Kingdom
Southend on Sea
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd echo that - the writing is very good, while at the same time not being too long.

But I have to say I am disappointed with the audio files you can download - I tried the first one and found it too happy and bouncy for the text.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chick Lewis
United States
Claremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Concise, flavorful, thematic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Kenyon
United States
East Point
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
4ntonio wrote:
How is the quality of writing compared to Sherlock Holmes: Consulting Detective? The thing I enjoyed most about SHCD is its immersiveness -- the writing really takes you to another time and place (albeit with typos and all).

I personally think the quality of the writing is great. Deserves top honors!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toby Mao
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The writing is excellent. Very immersive. Also you don't have to worry about any translation errors like SHCD
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.