GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

10,170 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Dale of Merchants: Systematic Eurasian Beavers» Forums » Rules

Subject: Snack Clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jesse Mecoides
Australia
St Kilda
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This technique let's you take a card from the market before you build a stack. I'm not sure exactly how this card works. I assume that you are permitted to build the stack on the same turn that you play the snack but this should not be possible because your turn action is taken up by playing the snack as a technique (unless snack is missing the plus symbol?). An alternative, but less likely, interpretation is that you play the snack on one turn and can take a card from the market before you build a stack on a subsequent turn. Can somebody clarify?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sami Laakso
Finland
Pori
Satakunta
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Your second interpretation is the correct one. As it does not have a plus symbol on it, your turn ends after playing it. Then on any of your following turns when you decide to build a stack, you can take a card from the market into your hand before doing so. You can even use this new card as part of the new stack. Keep in mind that you're not allowed to say "I'm going to build a stack", take a card and then be unable to build one. Snack stays on your schedule until you build a stack. Hope this clears things out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Mecoides
Australia
St Kilda
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the clarification, Sami! What an interesting card!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.