Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lonny x
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I haven't been able to play a game yet. The rules aren't clicking for me. However, I've seen a game overview on youtube and that gave me enough courage to take another crack at playing this game over the weekend. I plan on playing COOP with my wife. Does anyone have a few good resources outside of the manual that give an overview on how coop works? Specifically, I don't get how the bots work or even how they are setup? Are the bots the opposite colors to the players? Do the players get two or three bionts ate the start of the game? If two, does the bot get the third biont? Confused...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Eklund
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden Würtenberg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Briefly, in the cooperative game the players are assigned colors as normal, setup as normal, and play with the normal rules, but all parasites become enemies of the collective. Each player is a hero, but his color parasite becomes a villain (which is automatically controlled).

During start up, each player gets only two bionts, and no parasite, because these will be used for the villainous parasites.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Gastonguay
United States
Pottstown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Act Three! Everybody Dies!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, after life is created, (this is what I do), roll for your parasite, low - keep the current side face-up, high - flip the card. If the parasite can attach itself to any of the current life or supplant the other parasite by grabbing more cubes, it does that. It will sit there until Red Queened into an endosymbiont or it goes extinct.

Beyond that, play as normal, trying to get macroorganisms.

There are a few small details as to if the endosymbiont would use HGT to leave and re-parasatize and such, but I like "easy mode" where once it becomes an endosymbiont you "win" and it's stuck in that organism until that organism dies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.