Subject: Trounced again! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Swensen
United States
Montana
flag msg tools
mb
Another game of BattleLore -- scenario 5, Wizards and Lore, resulted in my ignonimous defeat yet again at the hands of my opponent.

This was the first time we played using lore, and it really changes the elements of battle (obviously). I got in some good first hits with Eagle Eye, with my archers performing a devastating attack against their front lines. My opponent Invoked Lore, giving herself more magic, and then proceeded to cast Enchanted Might, basically decimating one of my units in a single turn, and rolling tons more lore into the bargain.

Not yet defeated, I had a daring plan to use Leadership and a Portal to put one of my elite units behind the lines, where they could doubtlessly wreak havoc, or so I thought. I first got foiled when my opponent cast Drain Lore and kept me from putting this into play for another couple of turns while she continued to batter my defensive positions. Finally, however, I managed to get my Teleport ploy into play, and put my elite unit behind the "defenseless" isolated cavalry with a +1 to his battle dice.

A daring plan. But doomed to failure. Not only did I not roll a single hit on 5 dice, but I rolled a single retreat, which, as luck would have it, put the unit right into a bold position while remaining adjacent to my wimpy, fluffy-bunnies, totally ineffectual elite footmen.

At that point, it was all over but the screaming. My opponent came back with a devastating attack, ordering two units in each section against my defensive positions... we were at a close game of 4 to 4, and her final counterattack gave her the unit she needed to win. She also won with a goblet full of lore, which I had planned to drain with not one but two lore-draining cards... but it was not to be. I ignored the tactical situation and paid too much attention to the lore, a mistake I won't make a second time!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls