Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert B
United States
Parsons
Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Morning: The Treaty of London was the second card drawn, which advanced the game to Mid-War and added the Italian front.

Mid Day: However, with the Mid-War coming so quickly, it was easy to implement the Great Polish Retreat. However, just 6 cards later the War advanced again and the Balkan army entered. Established the Bulgarian Trench Line.

Pushed the Carpathians back during the Brusilov Offense and gained the Russia Tires victory. Unfortunately, later no offensives were allowed during the Hungarian Food Riots and the Przemysl Fortress fell. At this point, the game situation looked grim. All three national loyalties were low. Because the War advanced so quickly, I didn’t spend any points on +1 DRM resources for the off-map battles, resulting in several defeats. With the loss of the fortress, national will plummeted.

Mustering German Aid and the help of Mackensen, staged a major offensive and pushed the Carpathian front back to gain some breathing room. Slowly started to repair national loyalty and add a +1 DRM to the Western Theater. The Romanians then entered the War.

Dusk: Through the Caporetto Offensive, removed the Italian front from the game. The Kaiserschlacht offensive began and scored three victories before war weariness set in. However, the Germans eventually won the offensive, greatly increasing the national will. The last card drawn was Greece Enters the War (a little late, Greece!), which upgraded the Balkan front. The trenches held all game.

Result: 34 International Victory

Post-game Discussion: Wow.... This was my 31st game of Hapsburg Eclipse and one of the most wild sessions. I usually spend the Morning phase building up +1 DRM/German Staff Reserves for the off-map battles to help with national will. There were some tense moments when Austria-Hungary was almost knocked out of the War. However, this is the first time I’ve ever been able to remove the Italian front and it was the key in this game. With that pressure off, it left actions for other areas and allowed me to put out the fires raging around the country. I have also very seldom won Kaiserschlacht and that was another key, giving me plenty of room on the national will chart. International Victory (34) was my best score in 31 games, and it was an exciting and memorable session.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Asimakis
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With regards to the title, it usually works the other way around!

Well done on a great win.

PLB.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice report...thanks....looked like you had a winning strategy there!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.