Popular Tags: [View All]
David Lara
Spain
Alcobendas
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If the Trade Fair action is played with no florins on its card, then that player only gets 1credit and the Voyage is finished, right? My question is: does the Map Card where the voyage starts receive a Levy (assuming it is not saturated)?

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Kidder
United States
Martensdale
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unless you are only playing a two player game you are supposed to take 2 Florin from China to add to the trade fair.
If you were playing two player then no, you would not add a Levy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich James
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting question. I would guess that, yes, you place a levy. The trade fair started, thus entered, that first territory, then stopped there. And you place levy's in all territories the fair enters. If it didn't start then there was no trade fair, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Lara
Spain
Alcobendas
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JKidder wrote:
Unless you are only playing a two player game you are supposed to take 2 Florin from China to add to the trade fair.
If you were playing two player then no, you would not add a Levy.

Oh, yes, forgot that it is 1f for 2p games and 2f for 3-4 (my games were 2p).

arjisme wrote:
Interesting question. I would guess that, yes, you place a levy. The trade fair started, thus entered, that first territory, then stopped there. And you place levy's in all territories the fair enters. If it didn't start then there was no trade fair, right?

That is also my assumption.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyrill Melai
Netherlands
Nijmegen
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
Once I could recite whole episodes of Dexter's Laboratory.
mbmbmbmbmb

G5 says the voyage ends immediately after the last florin is taken by concession or pirate. The map card beyond this does not get a Levy. Basically the Map Card is never entered and G4 is not triggered.

A single starting florin isn't granted because of a concession or pirate. So the ending described by G5 does not apply (if taken literaly).

So when does a trade fair end when a single florin is taken by the player starts a trade fair, before or after the trade fair enters the first map card?

My gut feeling says, it never entered and no levy is granted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tolga CORAPCI
Belgium
flag msg tools

My interpretation is that the first card where the starting Emporium is, always gets the Levy if not saturated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Eklund
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden Würtenberg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
cartesius wrote:
If the Trade Fair action is played with no florins on its card, then that player only gets 1credit and the Voyage is finished, right? My question is: does the Map Card where the voyage starts receive a Levy (assuming it is not saturated)?

I added a sentence in G2 (living rules) to clarify this:
Emporium Profits. The player who convened the trade fair receives 1 Florin out of profits. If this takes the only profit, the voyage ends before it begins.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Lara
Spain
Alcobendas
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.