Subject: Fracking Pirates rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott D
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Simple question: do the effects of "Pirates" (no end-of-turn Funding drop) also neutralize the effects of "Fracking" (additional -1 Funding at end of turn) or just the base -1 drop? The End-of-Turn procedure punchout that came with Awakening is ambiguous.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E V
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My interpretation:

* none of those events in play => -1 Funding;
* only Pirates in play => cancels the normal decreasing (-1+1=0, i.e., no changes);
* only Fracking in play => an additional -1 Funding;
* both in play => Funding decreases only by 1.

The gist of my interpretation: do a simple sum.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott D
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
evacbs wrote:
My interpretation:

* none of those events in play => -1 Funding;
* only Pirates in play => cancels the normal decreasing (-1+1=0, i.e., no changes);
* only Fracking in play => an additional -1 Funding;
* both in play => Funding decreases only by 1.

The gist of my interpretation: do a simple sum.

I am inclined to agree, but the wording on the card itself is a bit unclear. If your interpretation is correct, perhaps in a reprint the Pirates card could read, "After resolving the end-of-turn Funding drop (including Fracking, if in play), +1 Funding."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Bender
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Yes, the intent of the End of Turn mnemonic is to show all of the possible Jihadist funding loss/gain modifiers based on what is in play at the time, and then have the players simply do the math. It is slightly clearer in the rules under (11.3.6), but I should be more specific about it being the net result after all of the lingering events are calculated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.