Hide
20 Posts

Warhammer Quest: The Adventure Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: Is this game abandoned by FF? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lordareon Frost
msg tools
The title says it all, i haven't seen many expansions for this game on FF site, only two minor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly B
Finland
Vantaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They lost the license so that is all there is. Sorry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Nash
United States
Manor
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A little late to the party, huh?

Yup, the game is dead. But still loads of fun to play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Vanschooren
Belgium
Beringen
Limburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very first thread on the list ATM,
System continuation
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daily Grind
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Spukky wrote:
Very first thread on the list ATM,
System continuation

At least this duplicate thread put a question mark in the title
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erawen Lowhunger
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
happycatmachine wrote:

Oh nooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!
What happened?????? Tell us, you know it al.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
maartend wrote:
happycatmachine wrote:

Oh nooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!
What happened?????? Tell us, you know it al.....

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1635423/ffg-and-gw-going-se...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dillon Flaherty
United States
Severna Park
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very sad that this one is probably done for. Loved the base game and was so excited to see what was in store for the future.

On to Arkham Horror LCG!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ronin rbl
msg tools
Although FFG lost the license, there are already a lot of fan-made cards and quests available: More than a dozen quests and about a hundred new cards. Most of these contributions can be found here:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1672401/fan-designed-enemie...

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/132095/custom-2-heroes-qu...

http://crusadersgolf.co.uk/board-games/warhammer-quest-adven...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny Cather
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I just saw this and I'm really upset about this! The game just came out this year! I wasn't able to buy it yet because my budget wouldn't allow for it. Why would they even publish a new game with this license if they knew it was going to go away so quickly?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wallabee_Champ wrote:
I just saw this and I'm really upset about this! The game just came out this year! I wasn't able to buy it yet because my budget wouldn't allow for it. Why would they even publish a new game with this license if they knew it was going to go away so quickly?

One simple word: Sadism

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Martinez
United States
Irving
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wallabee_Champ wrote:

They most likely didn't know it was going to happen. FFG has been doing Games Workshop licensed games for years now. They probably assumed the license was going to be renewed.

No way they put resources into something like the Warhammer 4oK LCG with the intention of having it be discontinued so quickly. There were also obviously expansions planned for Warhammer Quest card game that were derailed by Games Workshop pulling the license.

I doubt FFG is any happier about this than we are. They'd been milking the Games Workshop license for profit quite successfully. In fact, their success is probably what compelled Games Workshop to pull the license.

A company doesn't like the idea of competing with itself. Games Workshop probably started seeing all these customers who were fans of the setting finding other outlets for gaming, and decided that it was cutting into their sales. Whether they're right or not is another issue, but ultimately, if GW felt they could make more money, they went with what they thought was best for them.

And, of course, there's always the possibility of hard feelings behind the scenes, which we'll probably never know about if that happened.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny Cather
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
KingCroc wrote:
Wallabee_Champ wrote:

They most likely didn't know it was going to happen. FFG has been doing Games Workshop licensed games for years now. They probably assumed the license was going to be renewed.

No way they put resources into something like the Warhammer 4oK LCG with the intention of having it be discontinued so quickly. There were also obviously expansions planned for Warhammer Quest card game that were derailed by Games Workshop pulling the license.

I doubt FFG is any happier about this than we are. They'd been milking the Games Workshop license for profit quite successfully. In fact, their success is probably what compelled Games Workshop to pull the license.

A company doesn't like the idea of competing with itself. Games Workshop probably started seeing all these customers who were fans of the setting finding other outlets for gaming, and decided that it was cutting into their sales. Whether they're right or not is another issue, but ultimately, if GW felt they could make more money, they went with what they thought was best for them.

And, of course, there's always the possibility of hard feelings behind the scenes, which we'll probably never know about if that happened.

All good points. I got angry based on a rumor I read. I should know better than that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oscar T
msg tools
Yeah, a short production run is bad for the company themselves. Lots of wasted materials, etc. I think if they'd known what was coming down the pipeline this would have been killed off before it was ever released.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FFG should reboot this series in the Runebound universe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jernej peter
Slovenia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I must be missing something, but why dont they just put out another game in runeboun universe that you could play with this one?

Is there some legal issue? I know that this game was a huge success (i was waiting for the third reprint to get a copy)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Garramone
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Whatever the reason, Game$ Work$hop will eventually go the way of extinction unless they change their business model. They are primarily concerned about selling miniatures. Their whole focus is on selling miniatures first and then building a simplistic d6 game around it in order to promote and sell it. It's like a band who makes a c.d. then goes on tour to promote it. Ultimately, it's to get all those kiddos hooked onto spending huge amounts of money on building table-top miniature armies. "Hey, want a Hive Tyrant model to lead your Tyranid army? Here's one for $85.00"

They've never been as interested in "games" as much as mini's. And this is what is going to happen. With the advent of 3d printers, that yes, will be a household item affordably and with better technology, people will start printing their own miniatures. Good luck trying to stop and catch people from stealing images to scan into high tech programs in order to make their own miniatures! It will be akin to file sharing music all over again and the music industry crying "FOUL!" The future technology will put GW into their grave. Board games and card games will live on though because the main component isn't a miniature.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Resner
United States
austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KingCroc wrote:
Games Workshop probably started seeing all these customers who were fans of the setting finding other outlets for gaming, and decided that it was cutting into their sales.

I can't see the "traditional" GW customer base being detoured by a card game. Two totally different player segments. For one, those interested in WQ: TACG likely shower on a regular basis and engage in routine personal hygiene..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Martinez
United States
Irving
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rochambeaux wrote:
KingCroc wrote:
Games Workshop probably started seeing all these customers who were fans of the setting finding other outlets for gaming, and decided that it was cutting into their sales.

I can't see the "traditional" GW customer base being detoured by a card game. Two totally different player segments. For one, those interested in WQ: TACG likely shower on a regular basis and engage in routine personal hygiene..

Insults aside, it's not a question of whether you see this as a conflict of interest. It's whether Games Workshop did.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
United States
Unspecified
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Keesvanloomacklin wrote:
Good luck trying to stop and catch people from stealing images to scan into high tech programs in order to make their own miniatures! It will be akin to file sharing music all over again and the music industry crying "FOUL!" The future technology will put GW into their grave. Board games and card games will live on though because the main component isn't a miniature.

Great point, nobody will ever have access to a device that allows them to make their own cards and boards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.