Antonia
United States
Belmont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone,

asked this question already over at the Vassal guild here.
Since the opinions diverge there, I would love to have some official statement on the matter.

Quote:
1.False dawn
There exists a hindrance in every hex equal to the difference between where the Time marker is and where the Sudden death marker is. Once the hindrance reaches 0 this rule is no longer in effect

In our opinion there are two possible interpretations.
Poll
How do you interpret this rules when it comes to adjacent hexes? (Shooting from a hex to an adjacent hex)
  Your Answer   Vote Percent Vote Count
1. This hindrance is a normal hindrance in the way that it does not apply if the firing goes in or out of a hex with hindrance. Therefore shots in adjacent hexes are not affected by this.
51.7% 15
2. This hindrance is applied "in every hex". Therefore it should work like smoke. And shots in adjacent hexes are affected as well.
48.3% 14
Voters 29
This poll is now closed.   29 answers
Poll created by Muad Dib
Closes: Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:00 am

Cheers,

Antonia

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chadwik
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
mbmbmbmbmb
The issue here is that smoke has a very specific exception to the normal rules for a hindrance (i.e., the fact that it also affects fire attacks into/out of its hex).

This special rule adds a "hindrance", not a "smoke hindrance", therefore that specific exception wouldn't apply.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chadwik
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
mbmbmbmbmb
As a further example, if you had a map that contained nothing but fields, this would be true: "There exists a hindrance in every hex". In this case, you wouldn't assume that the fields act like smoke would you?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonia
United States
Belmont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chad Jensen wrote:
The issue here is that smoke has a very specific exception to the normal rules for a hindrance (i.e., the fact that it also affects fire attacks into/out of its hex).

This special rule adds a "hindrance", not a "smoke hindrance", therefore that specific exception wouldn't apply.

That is actually exactly how I interpreted the rules but then my opponent said otherwise.
And as you can see a third of the people voted otherwise since my question.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Collars
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah -- What Chad said.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.