E T
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Greetings,

Dave Jones (who used to own TimeWellSpent) and I along with our children and other helpers have been volunteering at a local nursing home and playing games with the residents. Our next session is tonight

One of the games they love the most is Wits and Wagers. Last month I found Halloween questions on the forums but have not found any Thanksgiving questions.

My work schedule has been hectic and I plan to search as time allows for some basic questions like largest turkey, biggest pumpkin pie etc but I will need about thirty to forty questions.

I should have started searching earlier and I am hoping the BGG community can help me find some questions. After checking the file section it looks like Christmas is already done

Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E T
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Back to the grind but I had a couple to get started. My apologies for the formatting. As time permits I will compile everything into a nicer looking document and post it in the file section.

What was the weight in pounds of the largest pumpkin pie?

The largest pumpkin pie weighed in at 3,699 pounds and was made by New Bremen Giant Pumpkin Growers at New Bremen Pumpkinfest in New Bremen, Ohio, in September 2010, according to the Guinness Book of World Records. The pie measured 20 feet in diameter and the crust was made from 440 sheets of dough. It also contained canned pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, sugar, salt, cinnamon and pumpkin spice.

What was the heaviest squash in pounds grown for Thanksgiving
The heaviest squash weighed 1,486.6 pounds and was grown by Joel Jarvis of Canada and weighed at the 2011 Port Elgin Pumpkinfest in Ontario, Canada.

What is the weight in pounds of the heaviest turkey ever recorded?
The heaviest turkey was 86 pounds and was named Tyson. The giant gobbler was reared by Philip Cook of Leacroft Turkeys Ltd, in Peterborough, United Kingdom, and won the “Heaviest Turkey” competition in London in 1989. It has held the record ever since.

The number in miles of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade available for public viewing. --2.5

Number of ridges on a 14-ounce can of Ocean Spray Jellied Cranberry Sauce--17

The number of years it took magazine editor Sarah Josepha Hale to crusade for an annual Thanksgiving holiday--36
National and local days of thanksgiving had been celebrated over the years, but President Abraham Lincoln finally proclaimed the fourth Thursday in November Thanksgiving in 1863.

The estimated number of turkeys eaten in the United States on Thanksgiving 2012.--46 million

The estimated number of Americans who will be traveling more than 50 miles for Thanksgiving in 2015, according to AAA.--46.9 million

The approximate number of people who typically watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade on television.--50 million

The year the first National Thanksgiving Turkey presentation took place at the White House --1947

The year when Congress decided that the fourth Thursday in November would be observed as Thanksgiving Day and a federal legal holiday --1941

Percentage of Americans surveyed who said eating Thanksgiving leftovers is more important than eating their regular Thanksgiving meal -79%

The approximate percentage of Americans who eat turkey on Thanksgiving Day, according to a National Turkey Federation survey --88%

What year did the first Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade took place? It was originally called the Macy's Christmas Parade. --1924

What year did the first NFL Thanksgiving Day games take place? --1920.
Results were
Akron Pros 6, Canton Bulldogs 0
Decatur Staleys 6, Chicago Tigers 0
Dayton Triangles 28, Detroit Heralds 0
Columbus Panhandles and Elyria Athletics 0-0
Chicago Boosters 27, Hammond Pros 0
All-Tonawanda 14, Rochester Jeffersons 3

The year when Thanksgiving was proclaimed a national annual holiday --October 3, 1863 by President Lincoln.
The average number of calories you might consume on Thanksgiving, according to the Calorie Control Council--4,500 --
That's 3,000 for the meal, and another 1,500 for snacking and nibbling.

Questions typically answered by the Butterball Turkey hotline every November and December --100,000-plus --

Estimated Thanksgiving weekend shoppers in 2015--135.8 million

The number of turkeys raised in the United States in 2014--237.5 million

The average cost of a thanksgiving meal in 2015--$50.11 USD

How much will Americans spend on Thanksgiving? (2015 stats) --2.4 billion

Number of turkey's raised in 2011? 248 million

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.