Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
André von Tilinsky
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mb
Hi,

ich habe eine Frage zu den Regeln von Terraforming Mars.
Wass soll auf Seite 15 der Satz : Karten mit einem Jupiter-Symbol müssen separat gezählt werden.
Wozu? Ich habe nirgends etwas über eine etwaige Sonderstellung von diesen Karten gefunden...

Ja, es gibt Karten, die SP bei Jupiter-Karten geben. Ist das damit
gemeint?soblue

Thanks in advance,
André

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Owen
United Kingdom
Appleton
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mbmb
There are a couple of cards which give 1 VP per Jupiter tag
So you then need to find the cards which have this tag
Which is why there is the reference to it in the rules

Hope that helps

I used Google Translate for your question & you could do similarly for my answer!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Estêvão
Portugal
Lisboa
Lisboa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While we are at it, there is no pre-condition to play jupiter cards, right? We just assume that, by the 25th century, we'll have outposts in the Jovian moons, correct?

Got the game last Tuesday, and I am really lookimg to try it out this weekend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florian Ruckeisen
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PSantos wrote:
While we are at it, there is no pre-condition to play jupiter cards, right?

Not in general, only if the card itself has certain requirements. I.e. the usual rules apply, Jovian tag cards aren't treated any differently.

Quote:
We just assume that, by the 25th century, we'll have outposts in the Jovian moons, correct?

Sort of, yeah, but not all Jovian cards pertain strictly to Jupiter or its moons. The "Jovian" tag is basically a thematic catch-all that is applied to cards which deal with "the outer solar system".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Stückl
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
PSantos wrote:
While we are at it, there is no pre-condition to play jupiter cards, right? We just assume that, by the 25th century, we'll have outposts in the Jovian moons, correct?

Got the game last Tuesday, and I am really lookimg to try it out this weekend.

Most cards with jovian tags have no requirements (I think only 3 do have a requirement), so no, there is no general prerequisite to play them.

As for the "position" of jovian cards,
they refer to any infrastructure in the outer solar system, as clarified by Jacob here.

Whether we already have outposts there is questionable, you might just be the first one to build them.
Remember that Terraforming Mars does not just play in the 25th century.
Rather, it spans over a multitude of generations. If we assume a generation length of ~30 years, you probably spend at least 200-300 years Terraforming Mars. Some of the projects may be quite ambitious and new, too, but considering the amount of time you have available, they are certainly doable.
Also, assume that most "projects" are still launched from earth (and perhaps most parts are built there, and later assembled). At least, Earth Catapult suggests that all project cards come from earth.

So all we need for those project cards is the technology to complete the projects within the next 20-30 years, which seems quite reasonable.

Enjoy your game!

Cheers,
Sebastian

PS: "I know what we are going to do! We will build a rocket that shoots Tardigrades to Mars! Best. Idea. Ever."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.