Recommend
3 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

V-Commandos» Forums » General

Subject: No U.S. Distribution plans? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
reaching out from the in-between spaces...
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi-


Just missed the KS window for late pledging, that's on me. But I am curious why there are no plans for US distribution? I know direct order from the publisher will be possible.

Jorune
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thibaud de la Touanne
Canada
Montréal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jorune wrote:
Hi-


Just missed the KS window for late pledging, that's on me. But I am curious why there are no plans for US distribution? I know direct order from the publisher will be possible.

Jorune


This is a broad topic!
I tried with a few of them in the US, but sadly we could not find an agreement allowing me to make a living from creating boardgames (I do that full time, since 3 years now). I do not blame them, this is just that this system simply does not work for a game like V-Commandos in my opinion (except if you create games as a second job, but in this case I would take 10 years to create it...). This is also confirmed by the discussions I have with other young publishers working on big games like V-Commandos. These games are very expensive to develop and they target a niche market.

This makes me sad for the retail stores, because I know that most of them work with passion, such as I do. We have no other choice but to do crowdfunding campaigns and sell the game on line on our web site in most of the countries, including the US. And belive me, this was not an easy decision!

Finnaly, I am really glad that these solutions - and all the people using them! - exist now! Without them, V-Commandos would simply not exist today.
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Ottawa
Ontario
msg tools
Avatar
Okay, so as a Canadian, where can I go to grab the game since I missed the late pledge?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thibaud de la Touanne
Canada
Montréal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
broken clock wrote:
Okay, so as a Canadian, where can I go to grab the game since I missed the late pledge?


You will soon be able to find it in retail stores if you are in Quebec province. If not, you will find it on our web site in December.

More info about where and how to find the game on our site: http://v-commandos.com/pages/get-the-game
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Proprietor and Chairman Emeritus of The Naughty Palace
Avatar
mb
ThibaudMTL wrote:
Finnaly, I am really glad that these solutions - and all the people using them! - exist now! Without them, V-Commandos would simply not exist today.
Wow, a game designer that uses Kickstarter for its actual purpose of crowdfunding games that would otherwise not be made?!? What a novel concept! I wish we could teach this foreign notion to certain other game designers/companies who make their piles of cash peddling plastic and endless "exclusives" to a gamer segment with low levels of self-control.

Knowing the situation I will now appreciate my copy of V-Commandos that much more.
I'm sure I speak for us all when I salute you, sir.



6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"GAME OVER, MAN. GAME OVER!"
Denmark
Aarhus
Unwashed and somewhat slightly dazed...
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Will we be able to buy a print and play version? Living in Denmark, shipping and import taxes would make it way too edpensive for me to order from Canada.

Alternatively I was thinking about getting a french copy from France, since the components seem to be language neutral, if I could get the english rulebook...

EDIT: I realize 'going french' won't work, because of all the text on the cards... Too bad, back to the PnP request...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gergo Tothmihaly
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
Mage Tools for Android
Avatar
mbmbmb
My KS edition has both English and French cards and rulebooks. Not sure this is the case with the retail edition (I only assume it is).
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thibaud de la Touanne
Canada
Montréal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jtspecial wrote:
Will we be able to buy a print and play version? Living in Denmark, shipping and import taxes would make it way too edpensive for me to order from Canada.

Alternatively I was thinking about getting a french copy from France, since the components seem to be language neutral, if I could get the english rulebook...

EDIT: I realize 'going french' won't work, because of all the text on the cards... Too bad, back to the PnP request...


Good news: we will ship the games from France for European gamers, so it should not be an issue. And yes, ALL boxes are fully bilingual (EN / FR).
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.