Subject: assigning an enzyme on a Refugium in an inactive row rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Koinsky
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
The single reference I could find in the rules related to assigning enzyme on a Refugium is rule E1.
"Biont Target. You can only assign Bionts and Enzymes to Refugia in the home row (E2) of one of your organism or in an active row (D2)"

My understanding is that you can assign an enzyme on a Refugium if its row is active. But, if the row is inactive, to be allowed to assign an enzyme to a Refugium, you need to have an organism (in your tableau) which belongs to the same landform row.

However, example of play J3 shows that on an inactive row, an enzyme is assigned on a Refugium where there is a Biont (at that stage, the player doesn't have any organism in his tableau).

I'm confused. I would appreciate a clarification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
There's a shape called "The Golden Rectangle". Have you heard of it?
United States
Little Canada
Minnesota
flag msg tools
It refers to a rectangle that's approximately contstructed in the ratio of 9 to 16. The golden rectangle has several characteristics. Let's say I create a square within this shape. Then, this smaller rectangle that I just created will also be a
badge
golden rectangle. I make another square within that and the leftover is another golden rectangle. And I make a few more, and when I connect all the central points of these shapes it creates a spiral that continues forever. This is the "Golden Spin".
mbmbmbmbmb
Ignore all examples in a Phil Eklund rule book. They will almost never be accurate given the amount of revisions made (and still being made) to the rules.

Quote:
to be allowed to assign an enzyme to a Refugium, you need to have an organism (in your tableau) which belongs to the same landform row.
Your parasite also counts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Eklund
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden Würtenberg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
koinskyz wrote:
The single reference I could find in the rules related to assigning enzyme on a Refugium is rule E1.
"Biont Target. You can only assign Bionts and Enzymes to Refugia in the home row (E2) of one of your organism or in an active row (D2)"

My understanding is that you can assign an enzyme on a Refugium if its row is active. But, if the row is inactive, to be allowed to assign an enzyme to a Refugium, you need to have an organism (in your tableau) which belongs to the same landform row.

However, example of play J3 shows that on an inactive row, an enzyme is assigned on a Refugium where there is a Biont (at that stage, the player doesn't have any organism in his tableau).

I'm confused. I would appreciate a clarification.

Sorry about that. We playtested that your Biont's presence in a landform row allowed you to operate there, even if it is inactive. Accordingly E1 should read:

• Biont Target. You can only assign Bionts and Enzymes to Refugia in an active row (D2), or in a row where you have a Biont, either in a Refugium or in an Organism with that home row (E2).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Koinsky
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Thanks a lot for the clarification, Phil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.