GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

10,201 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Master Combatant Proxima Midnight rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Grzegorz Koziol
Germany
flag msg tools
Hi,

If the most recent Hero you have played this turn has a STAR icon, you get +2 STARS. If it has an ATK icon, you get +2 ATK.

My question is: Which card is the most recent Hero i have played?

1. It could be the last Hero i played before her.
2. It could be the last hero i played this turn.
3. It could be herself, because i have to play this card to activate the effect.

If 1:
It is not the last card of the turn.

If 2:
I i play this card as my last card, it gets always +2 Stars and +2 ATK.

If 3:
Cards like Arc Reactor Ironman excludes itself because the Text says:"each other Hero". There is no phrase like this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Puderbaugh
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I play it as 1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GreyGore wrote:
Hi,

If the most recent Hero you have played this turn has a STAR icon, you get +2 STARS. If it has an ATK icon, you get +2 ATK.

2. It could be the last hero i played this turn.
3. It could be herself, because i have to play this card to activate the effect.

If 1:

If 2:
I i play this card as my last card, it gets always +2 Stars and +2 ATK.

If 3:
Cards like Arc Reactor Ironman excludes itself because the Text says:"each other Hero". There is no phrase like this.

We love to over analyze stuff, don't we? It would be the Hero card you played previous to Master Combatant so that would be your option 1. Since a card's effect triggers (usually) the moment you play it, it would not be the very last card you played that turn. It also wouldn't just be Master Combatant itself, otherwise the card would just read 2 recruit 2 attack without any text.

You can simplify it by just thinking "what was the last card I played before this one? That's where the bonus comes from."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
It is 1. You look at the last card you played before Proxima Midnight. As soon as you play her card you get the recruit or attack. You do not wait until you play all your cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Just in case it isn't clear, you do not count cards you played on the previous turn. If Master Combatant is your first card, you get nothing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Harrow
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
TheUbiquitous wrote:
Just in case it isn't clear, you do not count cards you played on the previous turn. If Master Combatant is your first card, you get nothing.

You also never refer to or include cards from your previous turns under any circumstances.

The only time that this could appear to happen is the Man/Woman Out of Time cards, in which you play those cards again at the next turn, but they were set aside for that purpose.

There is never a need to "remember" what cards were played the previous turn (outside of doing card-draw math, of course).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David "Davy" Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheUbiquitous wrote:

It says "this turn" on the card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Theorel Masheriel
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmb
GreyGore wrote:
Hi,

If 1:

It's 1, but I'm confused by your alternatives, and concern here. The text reads (as you quoted) "most recent Hero you have played this turn", not "last" anything. Is this a translation issue? (maybe you have the German version, and it uses "last card played"?)

Anyways, the most recent hero you have played at the time you play this card is the one that you played immediately prior to it.
So, i.e. if you play a SHIELD Agent then Master Combatant, then Master Combatant, you would get 5 Recruit and 2 Attack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.