GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

10,204 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

A Feast for Odin» Forums » Rules

Subject: Questions about Loot Hunter (139 C), buying boats rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
GAF Blizzard
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Loot Hunter (139 C) rules are as follows:
"Each time you take a "Raiding" or "Pillaging" action (on an action space or via an occupation), the sword value of the special tile with the highest value that is still on the oval supply board is reduced by 1. (This can affect multiple tiles.)"

Now for a few questions, only one of which relates to the above:

1. I assume the Loot Hunter discount is only temporary and does not stack over multiple turns? That would be annoying to track.

2. You can buy boats as an "anytime" action. What if in a 4-player game, only one boat remains in some category. Can you technically buy this on another player's turn, just before they were about to buy it themselves?

3. Can you buy said boat on a DIFFERENT player's turn, between your turn and the player who actually wants the final boat? (Maybe there is some sort of resolution order.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
There's a shape called "The Golden Rectangle". Have you heard of it?
United States
Little Canada
Minnesota
flag msg tools
It refers to a rectangle that's approximately contstructed in the ratio of 9 to 16. The golden rectangle has several characteristics. Let's say I create a square within this shape. Then, this smaller rectangle that I just created will also be a
badge
golden rectangle. I make another square within that and the leftover is another golden rectangle. And I make a few more, and when I connect all the central points of these shapes it creates a spiral that continues forever. This is the "Golden Spin".
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Yes.
2/3. Boats are unlimited, proxy something up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GAF Blizzard
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
golden_cow2 wrote:
2/3. Boats are unlimited, proxy something up.

I forgot about this, sorry. For future reference, it is on the left middle side of page 15 in the English rules. "The number of ships is not limited."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.