Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob Shurig
United States
Springfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is my understanding, and the way I played the game last night, that buying the red opposition cards does NOT stave off the event; it simply ALTERS when the effect takes place. I think I saw that answered in a thread by Brian Mayer, the designer. I have seen several videos, and I feel they are playing the game incorrectly when they totally remove the red opposition cards from the queue without experiencing their consequences. Am I correct in my assumptions, or are they correct?

Also, the William Lloyd Garrison card states "A" AND "B", but I think I saw in a thread that the designer said that the "and" could be "and/or" and, therefore, the "B" part of the card was NOT mandatory. ("B" is moving all of the slave catchers one space towards the nearest slave - which could be devastating, as numerous slaves could be captured that way). Any thoughts on this?

Thank you - Bob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Mayer
United States
Perry
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the buying the red just let you control when those events happen, so you can plan or take advantage of an opportune time when the effects would not be as devastating.

The WLG card is most definitely an A AND B card. We was a bold man who inspired but also took very risky, attention gaining actions. The card is meant to reflect that with a very strong benefit but at definite risk to to board. You must do both actions when triggering his card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Shurig
United States
Springfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, Brian. I sincerely appreciate your timely response, as I intend to play Freedom again this weekend with my son and grandson. Outstanding game, Brian. Simply Outstanding. I was blown away!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Mayer
United States
Perry
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, that means so very much Bob.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob S.
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gamer99 wrote:
Thank you, Brian. I sincerely appreciate your timely response, as I intend to play Freedom again this weekend with my son and grandson. Outstanding game, Brian. Simply Outstanding. I was blown away!

I'll second that. Outstanding game, weaving theme and mechanics into a very durable, playable and challenging package.

Cheers,
(another) Bob S.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.