tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Gilbert
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
Yep, that's awesome news!! Would be nice if the game was delivered before Prezcon, but I'm guessing that's unlikely...still, it's looking like we will get it at some point!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas M
msg tools
So it's all in the hands of the printer, right?

Tom Mc
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Burleigh II
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Frashbios wrote:
So it's all in the hands of the printer, right?

Déjà vu?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lior A
Israel
flag msg tools
Is the box Origins: HWBH size?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Javier
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you repost update for non backers? Thx:)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Cracker
United States
Olmsted Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
What a cool guy!
badge
Never rub another man's rhubarb.
mbmbmbmbmb
sircrowin wrote:
Can you repost update for non backers? Thx

Tried to but it's posted so you can't get a link and only backers can view it. Maybe some one more tech savvy can pull it off. I can tell you that what they posted looks quite good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Berry
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Very disappointed they are using the old Sierra Madre logo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Cracker
United States
Olmsted Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
What a cool guy!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tuttle757 wrote:

Why's that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
sircrowin wrote:
Can you repost update for non backers? Thx

The proofs were posted 3 weeks ago on CSW: http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX?14@@.1dcdf87b/1394

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Javier
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahhh, ok, no news then...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Berry
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
MrMzchf wrote:
Tuttle757 wrote:

Why's that?

Because the new one looks so much better than the old one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drake Immortalis
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Either they cut the outpost rings or they didn't correct the errata on the playmat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
United States
Leander
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
But what does this mean for Up Front?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
suPUR DUEper
United States
Villa Hills
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mixed emotions here....

To be honest, I am kinda gonna miss all the conspiracy theories, baseless accusations, hand-wringing, threats, complaints, and mistaken conclusions associated with the publication of this game.

If you haven't been to the HF KS page, go over to that echo chamber and read through the posted comments. Absolutely a hoot.

On a more encouraging note, I didn't really know OSS before this experience. Over the period of this campaign I ordered two of their games (Binh Dinh '69and Green Beret) which have been great and I have a third on the way (No Trumpets No Drums).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Cracker
United States
Olmsted Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
What a cool guy!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TedW wrote:
Mixed emotions here....

To be honest, I am kinda gonna miss all the conspiracy theories, baseless accusations, hand-wringing, threats, complaints, and mistaken conclusions associated with the publication of this game.

If you haven't been to the HF KS page, go over to that echo chamber and read through the posted comments. Absolutely a hoot.

Yah, it was entertaining wasn't it. Hopefully they will all find as much gratification in playing High Frontier as they did venting their spleens about it here on BGG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B Schneider
Canada
Stittsville
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MrMzchf wrote:
TedW wrote:
Mixed emotions here....

Yah, it was entertaining wasn't it. Hopefully they will all find as much gratification in playing High Frontier as they did venting their spleens about it here on BGG.

I would wait till it's all over before flinging out the I told you so's.

I seem to recall their Holy Roman Empire: The Thirty-Years War KS, as delivered, was a turkey with an errata book supplement a mile long, for a game that had already been previously published.

One would think hopefully not the case here, but.....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Colmenares
Canada
Woodbridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
von wildensee wrote:
MrMzchf wrote:
TedW wrote:
Mixed emotions here....

I seem to recall their Holy Roman Empire: The Thirty-Years War KS, as delivered, was a turkey with an errata book supplement a mile long, for a game that had already been previously published.

I like to think it won't be the case due to Drake, OSS eventually hired him to pore over the rule books, play books, etc. But you never know...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Cracker
United States
Olmsted Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
What a cool guy!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
von wildensee wrote:
MrMzchf wrote:
TedW wrote:
Mixed emotions here....

There's no I told you so's in what I said. I simply found all the kerfufle entertaining and I hoped that all the kerfuflers enjoy the game more than the kerfufling
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B Schneider
Canada
Stittsville
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Well, it does look beautiful so far, hopefully I can find some gamers willing to invest the time!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drake Immortalis
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
colmenarez wrote:
von wildensee wrote:
MrMzchf wrote:
TedW wrote:
Mixed emotions here....

I like to think it won't be the case due to Drake, OSS eventually hired him to pore over the rule books, play books, etc. But you never know...

I sent ares over 100 errata/corrections. However, I don't know how many were actually corrected... I offered to recheck the revised materials, but they didn't want to spend the time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Resist the Kakistocracy
United States
Innsmouth
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DrakeImmortalis wrote:
I sent ares over 100 errata/corrections. However, I don't know how many were actually corrected... I offered to recheck the revised materials, but they didn't want to spend the time.

Thank you for your service. (No, really, thank you. You're the real MVP here (one of them, at least).)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
suPUR DUEper
United States
Villa Hills
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DrakeImmortalis wrote:

The prevailing notion is that Ares was sent completed files and "all" they had to do was print 'er up.

So, here is my question..... Where did the errors that you found get introduced in the chain of custody?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Dolinajec
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
Are we still getting that oversized map? I remember when that was the talk of the town before delays, which personally haven't bothered me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Rachemoss
United States
Silver City
New Mexico
flag msg tools
Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.
mbmbmbmbmb
bralrocker wrote:
Are we still getting that oversized map? I remember when that was the talk of the town before delays, which personally haven't bothered me.

Yes! I think they are doubled sided boards. But in any case you can see the oversized map in one of the pictures. Look at the size of the map board compared to the size of the rule books on top of it! I'm going to have to clear off my entire dining table for this baby. Then in another picture you can see the normal sized board under the Interstellar board.

On the back of the box you can see in the list of components:
Quote:
Colonization Map
Interstellar Map
Oversized Map

I will probably be upgrading the plastic bits no matter what so I don't mind if some of them are tiddly-winks. ISTM that with those boards and all the rule-books and the combination of several games in one box, this is a large project. The proof is in the pudding but if it is as good as it looks in the pictures then I'm prepared to be extremely happy with this Kickstarter. As they say:
Quote:
• Fast
• Good
• Cheap

Choose two.

IMO OSS made the right choice. YMMV.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.