Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Great Western Trail» Forums » Rules

Subject: Teepee color: Does it change anything? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Vallerand
Canada
St-Basile-Le-Grand
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So I get some objectives require that you get teepees of a particular color, but after a readthrough of the rules (we're playing tonight), I see no other difference between the teepees. What am I missing?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Menlo Park
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
JVallerand wrote:
So I get some objectives require that you get teepees of a particular color, but after a readthrough of the rules (we're playing tonight), I see no other difference between the teepees. What am I missing?


That that one difference is significant.

There are also station marker tiles and buildings which reward having balanced sets of green/blue.
12 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Hendrickson
United States
Seward
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The other difference between teepees is the color of hand on them, which could affect the cost someone pays to travel over them (which is very rare in our games).

But for the station tile and the objective cards the colors DO matter. It can make the difference between taking the teepee that gives you the most money or paying to take the color you need.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Germany
Bocholt
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DrumPhil wrote:
The other difference between teepees is the color of hand on them, which could affect the cost someone pays to travel over them (which is very rare in our games).
Indeed - I have yet to see somebody take that route, as they either desire to get to the action from the neutral building on spot D, or there's at least one teepee on the teepee route, so it's at least as long while being more expensive.

Have others ever seen players take the detour to avoid passing through building spot D?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian
Germany
Hürth
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
I won an Games for Geekgold Lottery with 0.09% Chance of winning. You sure you wanna mess with me?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DocCool wrote:

Have others ever seen players take the detour to avoid passing through building spot D?


I used that route once already. I feel the "bonus action" from the building sites on the detours are often quite worthwhile.
The game had Neutral Building D on Spot B so you could usually remove a tent just before deciding which way to go. Also led me to 2 pairs of tents which made 7a really worthwhile in the endgame.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Vallerand
Canada
St-Basile-Le-Grand
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dkeisen wrote:
JVallerand wrote:
So I get some objectives require that you get teepees of a particular color, but after a readthrough of the rules (we're playing tonight), I see no other difference between the teepees. What am I missing?


That that one difference is significant.

There are also station marker tiles and buildings which reward having balanced sets of green/blue.


Oh, I get that some effects refer to one color and not the other, I was just wondering if there was a difference in how they came out, or even, like the hazards, in where they go. It's like the difference between wood and brick in Catan (which are just different pictures, and come from different regions, but that's that), and that between coins and cubes in Terra Mystica (which, in addition to that, each have their own specific feel).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Germany
Bocholt
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The difference between blue and green teepees is that when you need green teepees, there will be only blue ones when you get near the building which allows you to take them, but as soon as you passed it, green teepees will be placed, but of course already been taken by the time you get to that building again. Btw. the same holds true for the opposite situation.
10 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.