Garret Wehrman
United States
Garden Grove
California
flag msg tools
badge
Hello cursor.
mbmbmbmbmb
According to the rules, merchants can only be placed in open regions, meaning that opportunity would never come into play in this case. To place a merchant in a closed region, you would have to spend a special envoy which also negates opportunity. Is this correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Wasserman
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe that is accurate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich James
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, in effect it amounts to that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin

Brooklyn
New York
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lemem wrote:
According to the rules, merchants can only be placed in open regions, meaning that opportunity would never come into play in this case. To place a merchant in a closed region, you would have to spend a special envoy which also negates opportunity. Is this correct?

"5.2.5 Special Envoys. Players may spend a single special envoy to ignore the opportunity requirement during the place action OR to place a merchant (from your holdings) in a legal zone in a closed region. The spent counter should be returned to the player’s stock."

The way i read it was the Special Envoy can be used to do only one of special abilities:
either
A) ignore opportunity during a place action
OR
B) place a merchant from holdings in a legal zone in a closed region.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garret Wehrman
United States
Garden Grove
California
flag msg tools
badge
Hello cursor.
mbmbmbmbmb
jmartinez wrote:
Lemem wrote:

"5.2.5 Special Envoys. Players may spend a single special envoy to ignore the opportunity requirement during the place action OR to place a merchant (from your holdings) in a legal zone in a closed region. The spent counter should be returned to the player’s stock."

The way i read it was the Special Envoy can be used to do only one of special abilities:
either
A) ignore opportunity during a place action
OR
B) place a merchant from holdings in a legal zone in a closed region.

Cole confirmed here that the player board is correct and that using specal envoys should be and/or.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin

Brooklyn
New York
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oh Ok, thanks Garret! I had no idea!
this changes things
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.