Star Wars: Destiny» Forums » General

Subject: What Characters are There? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Shaharuddin
United States
California
flag msg tools
I just wondered if anyone knows what characters are currently announced and their abilities? Does anyone have pictures? Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Strickland
United States
The Woodlands
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://swdestiny.com/awakenings/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Trisciuzzi
United States
Riverside
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a good link for looking up characters. Right now they have 24 characters in game split evenly by side and faction. The factions are Force (Blue), Military (Red), and Rogue (Yellow). Each faction has 3 unique characters plus 1 non-unique character per side. All characters have abilities except for the First Order Stormtrooper.

I should mention this is the first time FFG has pulled in episodes I-III into one of their games. So you can use Qui-Gon or Dooku if you like. Also, it has been confirmed that Admiral Thrawn will be in the 3rd cycle of releases and Chewbacca has been strongly hinted at as a 2nd cycle character.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought I could resist the lure of the Dark Side...I was wrong. devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Wiser
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KerenskyTheRed wrote:
That's a good link for looking up characters. Right now they have 24 characters in game split evenly by side and faction. The factions are Force (Blue), Military (Red), and Rogue (Yellow). Each faction has 3 unique characters plus 1 non-unique character per side. All characters have abilities except for the First Order Stormtrooper.

I should mention this is the first time FFG has pulled in episodes I-III into one of their games. So you can use Qui-Gon or Dooku if you like. Also, it has been confirmed that Admiral Thrawn will be in the 3rd cycle of releases and Chewbacca has been strongly hinted at as a 2nd cycle character.

I do not have a full set as I was only able to purchase so many packs at the prerelease event however one of the cards I did pull was a yellow card character, Hired Gun. This character also has no ability so I can not help but wonder if there is also a blue card character who does not have an ability to keep things even as we know of one red card and now one yellow card character whom have no ability.

Hired Gun, Hero, Character, yellow card, #47, 9 points with 2 ranged damage icon, 3 ranged damaged icon, 1 disrupt icon, 1 resource icon, 1 resource icon, and a blank. Quote reads: "You needn't worry about your reward. If money is all that you love, then that's what you'll receive." -Leia Organa

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Nicely
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
senorcoo wrote:
I thought I could resist the lure of the Dark Side...I was wrong. devil

I gave in to my feelings and placed a $130 preorder.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Wiser
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I put my preorder in at the end of July when it first hit the preorder page on Miniature Market. I knew very little about it and truth be told I was not for sure what it was all about or how it played at the time. However one thing I know from working in retail is that it is easier to return than it is to find said item.

I went to Gen Con and while I did not get to demo Destiny I saw a demo and walked away thinking it did not really draw me in as I was hoping. However I did not cancel my preorder and months later we had the prerelease event...

What can I say? I was really impressed with the event or more so how the game played. There were dice to be rolled, cards to be played, and good times to be had by all. I saw characters I knew and grew up with (from the original series) and the game is a lot deeper than I could have ever imagined.

This is only the first set and I can only imagine what is in store for the second much less third set that has already been talked about (Thawn anyone?). From characters to ships we have a lot to look forward to in that of Star Wars: Destiny.

And just think, I told myself to not even think about another collectible card game...who knew?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.